what NEW features come with the BLACK update on L520 ?

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Will the 520 get "tap to wake" or "glance screen" ?
Are there any new settings ?

What other features come with the black update ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
all gdr3 features like, individual text tones for masseges, ablity to close programs from multitasking view, screen rotation lock.. not sure about other things

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Will the 520 get "tap to wake" or "glance screen" ?
Are there any new settings ?

What other features come with the black update ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Glance screen isn't coming to the 520, however, double-tap to wake may. Though, with the update not out yet, there's no official word on either (but Nokia did say that, due to hardware issues, Glance won't be able to run on the 520. Hopefully that clears everything up!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
When is black releasing anyway ? I thought it was out already. Do developers have it yet ?

the best I can say is soon. and most likely last since its the lowest phone on the totem pole. It's been out, but rolling out starting with the newest/top phones.

Developers do not have access to Black, unlike Update 3. I wish though.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
the best I can say is soon. and most likely last since its the lowest phone on the totem pole. It's been out, but rolling out starting with the newest/top phones.

Developers do not have access to Black, unlike Update 3. I wish though.

But the L525 has ALREADY released with black in many African countries. but if Nokia would stop being such a profit chicken it would be in south africa, a Nokia spokesman said that the reason the L525 is not in SA yet is because they don't want to discontinue the success of the L520

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Even having 1gig is no guarantee. I have an 820 on black and the store says refocus is not available for my device. Camera was available straight away when black came out and Beamer a couple of days after. I thought we would get refocus too, but I get the feeling if we haven't got it by now perhaps we're not going to.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
guys, just installed black on my l520 and it comes with double tap to wake!!!

Sorry a little excited, where do I begin.

How well does double tap to wake work, can you tap anywhere on the screen for it to work or do you have to tap in the center ? Also is there any delay after you taped it twice for the screen to switch on ? (the LG G2 gives a small noticeable waiting period for this)

Any glace screen ?

Can you close apps from the app switcher ?

Can you activate/deactivate auto rotate screen ?

Is there Nokia pro camera ? (like on the 1020)

Is there city lens ?

Have you noticed any performance improvements such as speed, responsiveness or battery life ?

Has the device become worse in any way ? Perhaps less battery life or slower loading speeds ?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry a little excited, where do I begin.

How well does double tap to wake work, can you tap anywhere on the screen for it to work or do you have to tap in the center ? Also is there any delay after you taped it twice for the screen to switch on ? (the LG G2 gives a small noticeable waiting period for this)

Any glace screen ?

Can you close apps from the app switcher ?

Can you activate/deactivate auto rotate screen ?

Is there Nokia pro camera ? (like on the 1020)

Is there city lens ?

Have you noticed any performance improvements such as speed, responsiveness or battery life ?

Has the device become worse in any way ? Perhaps less battery life or slower loading speeds ?

I haven't updated my phone yet, but I'll answer a few of your questions.

Closing apps from the multitasking view is a part of Update 3, so we'll get that. Rotation lock is also a part of Update 3, so we'll get that. I've been using Nokia Camera Beta on my phone, so I'd say we have that already. Glance and City Lens will not be available due to hardware restrictions.

I'll let people with Lumia Black answer your other questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster