Can apps be stored on the SD card and Sky Drive?

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
No you can't save them on the SD Card or Skydrive.
On Skydrive it's impossible and no point since it needs internet to access your files :)
But on future update (AKA Windows Phone 8.1) you might be able to install applications in the SD card...

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
You can download app installs manually from the store via a PC and put them on SD card but no not on your phone. All apps are installed to the phone itself. You can store maps, music, video and images to the SD card though.

webreid

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

If you're looking to save space on your phone (I did as I have the HTC 8S), you can easily do that by installing your apps from your SD card.

On the Windows Phone store website, scroll down the app page you want until you see the Download and install manually link. It's at the bottom of the left column.

Right click on the link to save to a folder on your PC.

Plug your phone in and using File Explorer, move the .xap file you downloaded to the root folder of your SD card.

Unplug and reboot your phone.

Open the Store app on your phone and click on SD Card.

Wait while it populates. Your app should appear. Click on install.

It takes a few minutes sometimes for the app to appear under SD Card in the Store.

I find if I reboot it helps.

Good luck.

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

If you're looking to save space on your phone (I did as I have the HTC 8S), you can easily do that by installing your apps from your SD card.

On the Windows Phone store website, scroll down the app page you want until you see the Download and install manually link. It's at the bottom of the left column.

Right click on the link to save to a folder on your PC.

Plug your phone in and using File Explorer, move the .xap file you downloaded to the root folder of your SD card.

Unplug and reboot your phone.

Open the Store app on your phone and click on SD Card.

Wait while it populates. Your app should appear. Click on install.

It takes a few minutes sometimes for the app to appear under SD Card in the Store.

I find if I reboot it helps.

Good luck.

Lol, that still installs the app on the phone dude.

You can store the xap on an SD card and install the app from there like described, but the app is still installed on your phone storage.

This is one of the expected features to come with WP8.1 though...hopefully.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6