Nokia Lumia 520 Amber update bug (HELP)

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I kinda have a problem, nothing jaw breaking just a thing thats bugs me a lot. So I bought my phone in Bulgaria with Amber update, but I live in Serbia, I'm in Serbia right now btw, anyway, I'm looking forward for the black update but I might not get it cause heres the thing, the latest amber build update is 3046.0000.1329.2001 both in Serbia and Bulgaria but on my phone which is fully updated with the original lumia software updater in settings AND "Lumia System Updater" app from the store, so all of my setting apps are fully updated and everything is working correctly.
BUT my phone's amber build is 3046.0000.1329.10263. What the heck? Why am I not getting the full update? It's okay like this, but if this happened will I not get the black update when its avaliable? Btw heres something else that bugs me. So like I said, I'm from Serbia, bought the phone in BULGARIA but Manufacturer Name on extras+info ( where I got the build ID ) says "RM-914_eu_hungary_422" HUNGARY? What the hell? Please help me guys! :(

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Igor. It seems strange that you are on, what appears to be, an older version of Amber. It's probably worth finding out exactly what model of 520 you have.

I would try and find the Product Code of your phone, as this will tell us which 520 you have. The best way that I know to get the Product Code of your phone, is to install NSU (Nokia Software Updater for Retail). No need to follow the steps on that link though, just install the software. Don't update/flash your phone using NSU yet, we'll just look for your Product Code for now.

To get your Product Code, install NSU, then connect your phone, you will then see your Product Code. For example, the one below is 059Q8Z9. Ignore the rest of the information on that screenshot. Just close NSU once you've noted what Product Code your phone is.. Let us know which Product Code your phone is.

View attachment 55964

If you ever decide to use NSU to update your phone, it will remove all of your data, including game saves etc. For now, just use it to detect which model of phone you have and we'll go from there.

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey thanks for replying, I installed it and my product code is "059s7h0" and by the way i have installed "Insider" app and theres a hardware test, not really a test as much as a info shower, and it says that i have the 2001 update, which I don't cause the software I installed says I can update it to 2001.
What should I do?

Igor Tomic

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
So no need anymore, checked for updates via settings and it updated to black update, even if the black update is "coming soon" for Serbia, Bulgaria and Hungary, i think that software unbugged my device 😊. But extras and info still doesnt see the correct firmware but "insider" app and "about" in phone settings show the correct firmware. My firmware right now in about and insider is "3056.40000.1349.2002" Is that the correct black update build for 520? And btw in extras+info shows same build but last 4 digits are "10387" instead of "2002". Can you check on your lumia in about and extras if it shows different builds? I checked on the europe availability and my current black build is for 620 lumia only one country has this build for 520 which is not out of the 3 I mentioned

Sent with my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No problem :)

Good to hear you have the Black update installed. Your product code of '059s7h0' looks to be a commonly used model of the 520 for various European countries. It's model is "RM-914 VAR EU HU AL BA BG CY CZ GR HR AV". So this unit was manufactured for use in the likes of Hungary, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria and more. Which is good really as it's not a carrier specific model.

With your Extras+Info screen showing a different firmware version than the About screen. I've just checked my phone and that shows a different firmware version on the Extras+Info screen to the About screen, so mine does this as well. I'd never noticed this before. The correct version, which you said, is the one in the About screen. I would think this may well be normal then to see this, as the phone I've got at the moment is a 920, so it's probably the same situation on any model of Lumia. Don't worry about the Nokia page not having the correct firmware version or it still saying 'Coming Soon'. They haven't updated their page for a good few days now. This would explain why you have the Black update, but the update page still shows it as Coming Soon. They need to update the site really as several models on that page which are saying Coming Soon, have definitely already received their firmware updates.

I think all is well with your phone now in my opinion :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs