Post Lumia Black Upgrade - Other Storage

msmirjat

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Today I got updated my Lumia 520 with Nokia Black. But I was very disappointed that many awesome features was not available for Lumia 520. Poor me.
But my question is about Other option in storage check. When I run storage check, it still shows "other" in details field as earlier it was said that GDR3 will bring solution to that. I still wonder whats in other.
wp_ss_20140206_0001.jpg

aar494

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Guys my other was fine in Amber update it was around 700mb or so. Now its jumbed to 1.4gb I did all sot methods. Uninstalled reinstalled apps. Used Lumia storage check , phone storage in settings. Forwarded my date , used Storage cleaner finall its still 1.3 GB HELP

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Guys my other was fine in Amber update it was around 700mb or so. Now its jumbed to 1.4gb I did all sot methods. Uninstalled reinstalled apps. Used Lumia storage check , phone storage in settings. Forwarded my date , used Storage cleaner finall its still 1.3 GB HELP

Do you play alot of games ? Have lots of stuff stored by apps ? Can't see how this is caused by the update. I didn't have that issue allthough I have 2.4 gigs of apps installed. Other storage only went up 100mb.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I would strongly advise anyone not to buy a Windows phone.

I wouldn't go that far. But it is a known issue that a new user should be aware of if storage space could be a problem. I store very little on my phones, so I don't normally run into storage space issues. That said, my 920 accumulated 15GB of Other, and I hardly use the device. I get email on it, but that's pretty much it. I take very few pictures with it, like <5/month. It almost made storage space an issue!

I do wonder why the problem still isn't fixed...

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
From what I could derive from this thread, someone reported to put all pics, video's, music, maps, documents, etc...on the SD card.
Apparently that prevents (mostly) the Other storage to grow out of proportion.

When I got GDR2 my other storage was at 475mb, I have since gotten GDR3/black and since 2 my other storage never gets past 500mb. It will rise up to 495mb and then goes back down to around 450mb. Rises up to around 500 and then goes back down again. Don't know if it made a difference; but I added a 64GB SD card to my 820 and all pics; videos, music and maps goes to the SD card. Still have over 55GB left on the SD card. Other storage has not been a problem and I don't really think I ever had a problem with it. Things will be nice if 8.1 allows putting apps on the SD card. IF that happens I probably won't upgrade for awhile. I like the 820; and think its the most underated phone in t he Lumia line. Same guts as the 9XX series; but smaller and with a removeable battery, and a SD card Slot. The upgrades has made it even better.

Don't know if it's truly solid, but I also have just about everything stored on SD, and I must say I also never once have had an issue with other storage...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb