Can't store pictures

johanbaeten

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I got my Nokia Lumia 520 yesterday and bought an SD card with it for extra storage. As you can see on the first screenshot I've added, I still got around 8 GB left for pictures. At the bottom of the screenshot you can read "nieuwe afbeeldingen opslaan: SD-kaart" which means "store new pictures: SD-card". That would mean that all the pictures I take are automatically saved on my device and stored in the SD-card, right?

Now, on my second screenshot, you can see that the device says that the store capacity is full after I wanted to take a picture, which means that none of my pictures are saved. Could anyone please help me out? Thanks.

wp_ss_20140209_0002[1].png
wp_ss_20140209_0003[2].png

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to say I'm quite impressed how quickly your filled your storage on your phone in one day.

I'll give two possibilities for your issue.

1) Is that your main storage is too full. Even though the picture stores on your SD card there probably is a necessary space requirement on your main storage to actually take pictures.

2) Even though your SD card says 32GB it's possible that the SD card is damaged and won't store on anything else on it. (easily checked by putting it in a computer and seeing if you put anything else on it)

I'm more likely to go with 1 over 2 but both are possible. I just think your phone is too full to operate properly and you'll end up having other issues.

johanbaeten

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Problem was already solved. Simply put all my music on the sd card so that there's enough space left on my main storage for storing pictures. Well, with over 200 artists/bands 32 GB is filled quickly. Of course I'm going to select music in the future, so that I'll have some extra space left.

Anyway, thank you very much for helping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo