Why does some lock screen pictures on Lumia 520 not work?

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple of lock screen pictures on my Lumia 520 that doesn't seem to be working - when I select the picture as my lock screen, nothing happens, it doesn't change to the picture that I've selected. These pictures are the pictures that came installed onto the the phone when I bought it. What's causing this? I think it might be a bug, in which case will a future update solve this? I am currently on Lumia Amber.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset? I wonder if this issue would persist then. To soft reset, hold down the power button and vol down button simultaneously or until you feel a vibration.

Maybe you could post the pictures here to confirm we can set them.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about it being fixed in Black but it does appear to be a glitch for some people.

There's always a hard reset to see if it fixes it but I don't see it being worth a the hassle of a reset. When you do get Black I do suggest a hard reset afterwards to 'reset' everything. That's just opinion though.

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I've tried both hard and soft resets on the phone but the glitch is still there. Just going to have to wait for the Black update to see whether it solves the problem.

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'll let others know who may be having the same problem that I updated my phone to Black and this has solved the problem! Now all the lock screen pictures work! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro