nokia 520 battery problem

maninder4041

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
my nokia battety is a serious issue for me...it drains very fast..if i use net(2g) it will come down to 20% from 100% within 2 hours.in idle state phone eats around 40% my battery in a day
but sometimes battery does well.yesterday i used internet for 1 hour and i lost only 15% battery.when battery problem happens upper side of camera heats a lot...i did eveything to find the problem but failed.. looking for reply which could solve this problem

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
my nokia battety is a serious issue for me...it drains very fast..if i use net(2g) it will come down to 20% from 100% within 2 hours.in idle state phone eats around 40% my battery in a day
but sometimes battery does well.yesterday i used internet for 1 hour and i lost only 15% battery.when battery problem happens upper side of camera heats a lot...i did eveything to find the problem but failed.. looking for reply which could solve this problem

I think these random battery performances is due to your software conditions (background apps, wifi/nfc,bt on) at that time or a faulty hardware.

But try these tips, see if following these gets you a consistent performence.
17 tips to extend battery life on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Here a few pointers.
settings/ rightswipe and check whats running in the background.
Some apps are a real drain.

Then check your mailaccounts, how often does it sync and is it realy necessary, better is to check manually
Same as wheaterapps, how more often how much more its drains
Dim your screen.
Doubletapp to wake is nice but not necessary, so turn it of.
Wifisetting/advance, turn the first three of, the last option, timeout can stay activated.

And if you dont use Gps, turn it of
Same as bluetooth
Only turn these options on when needed.

maninder4041

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
i'll try.every background service is disabled.today i'm using phone for net browsing and no heating,no battery drain problem till now.battery at 85%...

Cola79

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In my expirience with multiple handsets and operating system, from all data connections WIFI uses most energy. The minimum energy consumption is 2g, followed by 3g. WIFI is good for big downloads, but it is worst for battery, thats why it automatically gets shut down when handsets get into standby.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
But if it persist............well its not always the software, it could be a defective unit or battery........
So he could go to a service point to rule that out.

I got 3 days from my 520, two if i have to use it al lot.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes it will
It only takes twice as much to charge.
Example...if your charger lets say delivers 500 mh/h its 1430 : 500 = 2,86 ( about 3 Hours )
With the new batery it would be 2850 : 500 = 5,7 ( about 6 Hours )

IF its not a ripoff
I ment with nothing that nothing bad would happend ;-)

Last edited:

Rizwan Ajaz

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
i have bought lumia 520 two days back... its battery timing is very poor... 3-5% drops every hour unlike what is said in specification.... whats the problem??? i need replies guys??? Help me out plz

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
At first a new battery needs some time to perform.
Mostly after a couple of cycles

At first you check whats running in the background,
And look at the bluetooth and gps ....turn it of when not needed.
Also look at the sync of your acounts.
And ofcourse the wifi settings, if you go advance you find a couple of settings there.
Turn them al off exept the last one.
Also if you dont need double tap to wake, turn it of.

There are a lot of tips giving here on wpcentral.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss