Lumia 520 Power Button Problem

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue with their 520 power button breaking? My son's 520 is just back from a warranty repair when the power button failed and wouldn't turn the phone on or off.

The phone now works but the power button feels like there isn't a lot of movement in it. Compared to my 1020 and my son's new 625 which both click on and off positively it doesn't feel right at all.

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Tried popping the button a bit with your finger nail? And then putting the cover again making sure the button stays up all the way.. Heard about that somewhere.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It's a warranty repair though so I shouldn't have to do that. I'm going to call the repair centre tomorrow.

uvioc

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Exact same problem here. Had the Lumia 520 since I think April/May 2013. Today randomly the power button started losing functionality. I popped off the back cover and still had issues when pushing the button itself with finger nail/paperclip, so it's definitely the button, not the case. Now it's pretty much dead. Really frustrating - holding the camera button down is a workaround to wake the phone up, but I don't think there's a way to switch it off, so I have to wait 30 seconds (the shortest you can set the lock screen setting to) before putting it in my pocket (or risk things being pressed).

Will be on to Vodafone to fix this tomorrow but I'm so busy and really don't have time to be faffing around with this :angry:

Boris Lozac

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Exact same problem here. Had the Lumia 520 since I think April/May 2013. Today randomly the power button started losing functionality. I popped off the back cover and still had issues when pushing the button itself with finger nail/paperclip, so it's definitely the button, not the case. Now it's pretty much dead. Really frustrating - holding the camera button down is a workaround to wake the phone up, but I don't think there's a way to switch it off, so I have to wait 30 seconds (the shortest you can set the lock screen setting to) before putting it in my pocket (or risk things being pressed).

Will be on to Vodafone to fix this tomorrow but I'm so busy and really don't have time to be faffing around with this :angry:

Quick Controls app has the ability to put a tile on homescreen and use it to lock the phone.

Ben Parkin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
yea that works i have the same problem and i have to get a good hard flick for anything to work. thats why i have my phone set so i double tap the screen to wake the phone

ToonU

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had it gotten stuck, but I just got my nail in there and pushed it out. Sometimes if you have a case it will cause this.

Stryker42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody know if it is possible to buy a spare button somewhere? My daughter's power button is broken and I would like to replace it with a new one. So, if I had the exact spec, it could probably be bought in some HW store online...

Lloydbm4

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
You guys do realize there are live tile buttons you can add that completely negates the need for pushing the physical button? I never use the physical power button.

gwydionjhr

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've got a similar issue with a 520. Over on the Nokia Forums there is a "lick, blow and suck" solution offered. Literally, take the case off, lick the button, blow into it, and then suck on it. Which didn't work for me.

My next step is going to be inspecting the main board to see if the physical button is still connected correctly to the board.
Problema Pulsante Accensione Nokia Lumia 520 - YouTube

AA Gaming

May 18, 2014
Visit site
My power button broke completely recently. There is the button then when you take the back of the phone there is a little tiny button and that has came of. I have had to turn on my phone by connecting the charger now ::asleep: .

Also when I got the phone, the camera button was not actually working so thought nothing of it. I did nothing to it.

At least I have insurance :angel:

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

HemalDias

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Everyone seems to be going to so much trouble over this, don't give it to a Nokia Care centre and have to endure life without your phone for a few days! I have made a video on a quick and extremely easy fix, watch it here:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs