Nokia Lumia 520 random turn off/ date reset problem

MusicLoverGuitarGuy

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay I bought the phone from virgin in November,

The first problem I had was the camera button on the phone, so I sent it to virgin, who claimed they repaired it, but they didn't.
So I resend it to them to fix that, again it comes back unfixed but this time it had an error with signing into the microsoft account.
So I send the phone back again, not expecting anything, but it comes back without the error, but with the camera button still faulty, but I did not want to send back again as I knew virgin would not do anything about it.

Finally the latest problem, is that at random times the phone turns off, sometimes even at full charge it randomly thinks it has no charge and goes to the screen for low charge.
Also, sometimes when it does this it resets the date and time, so when it is on again I have to change the time etc.

Can someone suggest a solution, because after the shocking service I've had from virgin I would, at all costs, not want to send it back.

On top of all this, my phone is on a contract so I have wasted a lot of money by repeatedly sending it back and forth and there was a big inconvenience.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
The battery connection may be loose.
For your camera key, check if the shell is closed properly. The keys get misaligned sometimes, and don't work properly.

MusicLoverGuitarGuy

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
The camera button is alright now the problem right now is the random resets and I have done a hard reset before. But about the soft reseting i think it just gets confused cus sometimes when I haven't used my phone for a few hours when its on standby it just black's out and then the time is reset

Deaconclgi

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
My friend had the same issue with her 520 resetting. I gave her a different battery and her phone has not randomly rest since then. Her phone does not shut off anymore. A battery replacement should fix it.

Funny thing is, the battery I gave her was extremely old, it came from a Nokia 5230 Nuron. That proved that her current battery had issues as the one she has now is older and her issue was instantly resolved, not with a new battery but just a different battery. No reboots for 4 weeks now.

I hope this helps.

josh715m

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you can try to put a small piece of paper between the case and the battery, that fixed the random reboots of my ex Lumia 520. About the camera button, it has something to do with the button getting stuck in the case I had the same problem and it seems like it's a common manufacturing flaw of this model.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb