Lumia other storage issue

karaoz

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have a problam with other storage I haven't got any pictures or music but when I check my storage my media files looks around 2gb
I cleaned my browser data and try to delete something in phone storage option but it doesn't work
my os Lumia black.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140226_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140226_0001.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 4
  • wp_ss_20140226_0002.png
    wp_ss_20140226_0002.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20140226_0005.png
    wp_ss_20140226_0005.png
    39 KB · Views: 4
  • wp_ss_20140226_0003.png
    wp_ss_20140226_0003.png
    55 KB · Views: 3
  • wp_ss_20140226_0004.png
    wp_ss_20140226_0004.png
    38 KB · Views: 3

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I already have last version of storage check but it doesn't work :/ is there a another suggestion for this ?

hold down the volume down + lock button until your phone vibrates and restart itself , this wont erase any of your data
btw I never use storage check , it always show incorrect data , it seems very buggy to me , the sock phone storage(introduced with gdr3 update) seems to work good for me.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping to finally see this problem go away with gdr3. Don't tell me we are STILL battling with the other storage issue.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
First: Do you have any problems? Cant you install Appy anymore?
Second: Do you use Onedrive (auto-upload pics...)? If yes -> turn it off
Also after installing big games, some files remain in the other folder.

Or maybe its all wrong, thats why i asked "do you have any problems?" ! Memory is there to be filled up.

Checki

Banned
Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I read that just updating your phone to GDR3/Black can not always help you other storage, if its already full. You need to do a hard reset after updating to Black to make it work as it should.

karaoz

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
My os is 8.0.10517.150 is it last Version of updates ? Cuz when I check for updates it says ur using last version of WP... Also yes my auto updates on I will turn it off

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
try setting your date and time one year later, then restart your phone, then click on delete temporary files in "phone storage setting"

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
There's a thread here : other storage problem. Search for it by swiping right and clicking on search forums. There I've explained what exactly is taking up this storage, I'd do a big article based on my long experiments, but after 2 months when I'd be free. You can read that post there, it'd set your mind at peace.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
There's a thread here : other storage problem. Search for it by swiping right and clicking on search forums. There I've explained what exactly is taking up this storage, I'd do a big article based on my long experiments, but after 2 months when I'd be free. You can read that post there, it'd set your mind at peace.

it would be nice if you could post the link , swiping right is not possible on desktop ;)

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
it would be nice if you could post the link , swiping right is not possible on desktop ;)

The other storage isn't a problem really. I figured it out. WP caches almost everything intot that storage so you get a blazing fast os. Try this: delete a picture with pocket file manager or some other app. Quickly come back to gallery and open that pic. It'd be there, you can zoom in into it even, it'd stay there till WP realises it is gone. You cant open it with any app, because the pic isn't there, but it had been cached already which takes up lot of space. So with music+videos. And your home screen tiles, all that is cached, and takes a huge amount of space. In return it gives you super fast speeds :)

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I know that , our desktop work's the same way , when you develop an app you have to open an path where the files should be saved (here temp files goes either to memory/ram )and it's up to developer if he want to de-allocate the free space , this is all related to pointers

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I know that , our desktop work's the same way , when you develop an app you have to open an path where the files should be saved (here temp files goes either to memory/ram )and it's up to developer if he want to de-allocate the free space , this is all related to pointers

yeah. only that here the end user doesn't know at all what is going on inside the others storage. You know, the song you're playing, its also cached in the others storage...

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
why would a song be cached which available on memory ?

ever got duplicates ? I got lots of them. Do one thing, figure out (by looking in the playlist order) which one is playing, then delete the others. The song would continue playing. Then stop music, come back and play it again, it wont play, it would say "sorry we cant play this file", in short, deleting even a single copy of the song deletes the original file, but the song keeps on playing from the cache.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon