520 sucking storage like hell

Saad Azhar

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Guys a little problem for the last 3 days my phone keeps eating free storage. Yesterday in the morning I had only15 Mb free so I uninstalled some apps and the free storage became 550 Mb . Last night I went to sleep and when I woke up today it was just 12 Mb again . What should I do? My phone is in warranty so shall I take it to Nokia care?
P.S: a friend of mine bought the NL 520 and his phone turned off automatically at times so he claimed it in warranty and hot a new phone.
ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Guys a little problem for the last 3 days my phone keeps eating free storage. Yesterday in the morning I had only15 Mb free so I uninstalled some apps and the free storage became 550 Mb . Last night I went to sleep and when I woke up today it was just 12 Mb again . What should I do? My phone is in warranty so shall I take it to Nokia care?
P.S: a friend of mine bought the NL 520 and his phone turned off automatically at times so he claimed it in warranty and hot a new phone.

go to settings, find storage check, then wait for it to load. In advanced tab, go to temporary, and click on clear button. Check after 2-3 minutes. Then go to settings, then phone storage (not storage check), if you have upgraded to black, click on 'phone', which is above a bar which hasn't yet loaded. Then wait for all bars to get loaded. Then click on temporary here, and then click on clear. Then again check after 2-3 minutes.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

after the above steps, go to settings, then scroll to apps, and click on internet explorer, then click on clear data there. Then again in apps, click on search, and again scroll and clear the search history. You'd get lots and lots of storage this way ! Repeat this every few days.

Saad Azhar

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have updated to black and think that the update is causing issues and I have tried the steps mentioned by you it only frees about 10-15 Mb and after sometime it gets filled back .

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site

after doing all that, I'm sure you'd be worrying what's the 'others' storage, it might be huge. Dont worry, its just to keep your phone super fast, I'll explain later if you want. Do the above 4 steps and be happy ! :p There are a few more tricks if you want, I'd tell them some other time.

Saad Azhar

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
after doing all that, I'm sure you'd be worrying what's the 'others' storage, it might be huge. Dont worry, its just to keep your phone super fast, I'll explain later if you want. Do the above 4 steps and be happy ! :p There are a few more tricks if you want, I'd tell them some other time.

I was on preview for devs if that helps

BlackGoku

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I had 0kb free when I foolishly tried to update asphalt 8.And like u and all others I tried all the options in settings and internet explorer but in vain.Then I read abt an App Shrink storage.And after a couple of hours of restarting my phone after clearing storage with the app I got free storage to 1.5 gb.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Firstly, you wont lose any purchased apps, you can simply click on buy again, it would say you've bought it already. not sure about in app purchases, but they should work the same

Saad Azhar

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I guess you should reset your phone. With a few precautions

I would claim it into warranty and see what they do about it and Saksham u sure do know a lot about WP thanks for your help.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Then i guess its your fault you have too many apps :p go to storage check and see which app has more than reasonable amount of app data, unless you want its app data, reinstall that app.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You say you're running out of space, and yet only have 1.4 GB of other storage. Looks like you either have a (rogue) app which is eating up all your phone memory or just have too many apps and media files stored on your phone memory.

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
You say you're running out of space, and yet only have 1.4 GB of other storage. Looks like you either have a (rogue) app which is eating up all your phone memory or just have too many apps and media files stored on your phone memory.
he has a phone with 8gb memory probably, in which there is just 4.7gb user available. So 1.4 gb is quite much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers