Any offline downloading of Black update?

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I'm having difficulty in downloading Black update for my L520. I can download any app and browse from the phone using my Wifi. But when the tries downloading the update, it stops downloading data from time to time. Like at 30% it would suddenly stop downloading any data and it would say couldn't download.

It would be best if there was an option to download the update offline to a computer first then transfer it to the phone. Is there any such offline update downloading option?

Any suggestion and advice is heartily welcome.

Best Wishes,
ams963

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm having difficulty in downloading Black update for my L520. I can download any app and browse from the phone using my Wifi. But when the tries downloading the update, it stops downloading data from time to time. Like at 30% it would suddenly stop downloading any data and it would say couldn't download.

It would be best if there was an option to download the update offline to a computer first then transfer it to the phone. Is there any such offline update downloading option?

Any suggestion and advice is heartily welcome.

Best Wishes,
ams963

Try downloading the update while the phone is plugged to a charger. That worked for my 720,a friend's 520 and a co-worker's 625..(i updated them all, what an update maniac I am).

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
If you don't mind wiping your phone you can use this: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-quietly-releases-software-recovery-tool.html

Prior to that you can try doing a soft reset and see if it fixes anything. Hold volume down and power button until the phone vibrates. Let go and phone restarts. You may have to reset date and time. No files are erased.
Tried both. But to no avail. :cry:

Try downloading the update while the phone is plugged to a charger. That worked for my 720,a friend's 520 and a co-worker's 625..(i updated them all, what an update maniac I am).
Tried. Nothing.

Why does the update not download like any other apps with my Wifi? :crying:

What should I do? Is there any alternative method like offline download that we do in a pc?

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Okay I've found the problem. My Wifi connection is the problem. My L520 is fine. My mistake.

@N_LaRUE, euichii, shmsnh
Thank you for trying to help me. Most appreciated. :smile:

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
so is your 520 on black now buddy?
Not yet. Since my Wifi Connection has some problem i have to use mobile network internet connection 3G on my L520. I'll buy an internet package and then download Black update. I could wait for the Wifi connection to be fixed but I can't wait for the update mainly because I've wanted to get rid of the vibration of the back, home and search buttons since day 1. I'll update touch to do that. And it'll only work with Black afaik

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Not yet. Since my Wifi Connection has some problem i have to use mobile network internet connection 3G on my L520. I'll buy an internet package and then download Black update. I could wait for the Wifi connection to be fixed but I can't wait for the update mainly because I've wanted to get rid of the vibration of the back, home and search buttons since day 1. I'll update touch to do that. And it'll only work with Black afaik

I should warn you that some updates will not download over cellular network - depends on the size. Sucks, I know, but it can't be changed.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I should warn you that some updates will not download over cellular network - depends on the size. Sucks, I know, but it can't be changed.
Oh I see. Thanks for the heads up. Appreciate it. I'll try the download over cellular network. If it doesn't download I'll wait till my Wifi connection gets fixed.

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It won't snag the updates OTA. It requires WiFi on the 520, especially if it's on an older build with multiple updates required.
You sure? That's not good then. I'd have to wait for my Wifi to be fixed before I can update.

But here it says mobile network could also do for the update, right?

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140308_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140308_0001.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 0

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I'll say again - depends on the size of the download.
Okay point taken. The good news is my Wifi has been fixed. I'll start downloading when I get home. Have to get the phone's charger ready.
Thank you so much for all the help and advice. :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb