I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 from Amazon and received the AT&T package version. When I bought it, I made sure the title said unlocked Nokia Lumia 520. But while buying the phone, I also read in the customer reviews that I would have to contact the seller for unlock codes to get my phone unlocked. So after receiving it, I contacted them and they asked for my IMEI number and tolda me they will send unlock code. Now the problem is that I have not receive the code yet but when I place a T-Mobile micro sim card, the phone it works. I can place calls, text and even use the internet. So, I am confused if the phone is locked or unlocked.

Is there a possible method to confirm that the phone is unlocked since, I plan to use this phone when I travel outside US in like 2 weeks.
    03-14-2014 05:36 AM
    You're using a T-Mobile SIM on an AT&T handset? Then your phone is SIM-unlocked.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-14-2014 06:28 AM
    You can check if your phone is unlocked or not in this place: IMEI info

Then you can log with Google of Facebook account and hit Simlock & Warranty, here will give you the info about the unlock status of your phone... but the easiest way to check if your phone is unlocked is to use a different SIM card than the original phone carrier and since the T-Mobile SIM card is working in your L520 AT&T seems that your phone is unlocked.
    03-14-2014 09:58 AM
    I checked the IMEI number for the phone on the IMEI info website and it says its locked. Now I am even more confused. I searched around the internet and read that if I press ##782#, it should prompt a unlock message if its not unlocked. However, it takes me to the history screen. Its very strange.
    03-14-2014 06:20 PM
    It's not locked. If it were, you would not be able to use a T-Mobile SIM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-15-2014 01:13 AM
    I bought a Nokia Lumia 520 from Amazon and received the AT&T package version. When I bought it, I made sure the title said unlocked Nokia Lumia 520. But while buying the phone, I also read in the customer reviews that I would have to contact the seller for unlock codes to get my phone unlocked. So after receiving it, I contacted them and they asked for my IMEI number and tolda me they will send unlock code. Now the problem is that I have not receive the code yet but when I place a T-Mobile micro sim card, the phone it works. I can place calls, text and even use the internet. So, I am confused if the phone is locked or unlocked.

Is there a possible method to confirm that the phone is unlocked since, I plan to use this phone when I travel outside US in like 2 weeks.
    If you're able to use a T-Mobile SIM then the device is unlocked. There wasn't any T-Mobile branded 520, so T-Mobile SIMs wouldn't work if it isn't unlocked.
    03-15-2014 01:17 AM
    Ok thanks to everyone who replied. It looks like the phone is unlocked even though the IMEI info website says otherwise.
    //close
    03-15-2014 08:37 AM