520 not updating to Black or Amber. Listed as Available in Nokia's site.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Anyone can help me?

I got this new unlocked Lumia 520 with a Mexico country variant of Windows Phone 8.0 and it didn't get any updates,
even if Nokia's site says that it's available right now.

What can I do?

Last edited:

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You could try to flash a different RM-914 ROM to your phone. Or you could try to update using the official recovery tool.

PBLNS

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi the same thing its happening to me but with a Lumia 920 (Telcel). The update its suposed to be available since a couple days ago but my phone doesnt seem to find it :(.
Is there a way to force it without flashing it, I am scared to flash my phone ehhehe.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi the same thing its happening to me but with a Lumia 920 (Telcel). The update its suposed to be available since a couple days ago but my phone doesnt seem to find it :(.
Is there a way to force it without flashing it, I am scared to flash my phone ehhehe.

This isn't technically my phone, so I'd be scared to flash it aswell.

If there was an official, safe way to flash it from Nokia (not Navifirm+), it'd be great.

PBLNS

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Just came here to say that I just update my phone using the recovery tool, the bad thing is that you lose all you data so make sure you backup all you photos and info... and take a picture (screenshot) of your start screen... forgot to do that and now am trying to remember hehehe.

But now I finally have Lumia Black x)

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Press the power key and the Windows key together to take a screenshot.

I am sorry. I should have warned that using the official recovery tool will reset your device to factory conditions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett