Hi All,

New 520 and wondering about tethering. I have an unlimited data plan and currently use a Moto X tethered for the PCs in the home.

I wanted to get a windows phone to see what it was like and the 520 was the best entry deal for a new phone. I have done some searching on tethering and can't find anything conclusive.

Is it possible?
    How?
    Is it part of win8-phone?
    Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks
    03-19-2014 02:48 PM
    Hi All,

New 520 and wondering about tethering. I have an unlimited data plan and currently use a Moto X tethered for the PCs in the home.

I wanted to get a windows phone to see what it was like and the 520 was the best entry deal for a new phone. I have done some searching on tethering and can't find anything conclusive.

Is it possible?
    How?
    Is it part of win8-phone?
    Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks
    You're carrier would have to allow it, but under settings, there's an "Internet sharing" option that will allow your device to connect to it via WiFi. I just had this on my 520 and it worked great. If you're carrier doesn't allow you, it will say so when you try to turn it on.
    03-19-2014 03:06 PM
    You're carrier would have to allow it
    Thanks, yes they do. I am currently using Tethering with a Moto X and it is spotty at best. In fact, if Tethering is not allowed, the X at least, will not show the option to create the Tethered AP as I believe it is a SIM controlled issue.

I am not sure if the spotty performance is the cell network or the phone. I will give the 520 a try. Thanks for pointing me at where to look.
    03-20-2014 10:45 AM