Email Accounts Not Syncing

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Ok, one of the main reasons that I got a WP8 phone was because I was under the understanding that whatever I did in regards to files(OneDrive) and my Microsoft account on my tablet and desktop, both Windows 8.1, would carry over to my WP8 phone. Is this not the case?

On my Tablet, I setup several accounts which include my Microsoft account, another Outlook.com account, my old Gmail account, my work account(Office365), and my Facebook account. When I had finished getting all of those setup and syncing emails, contacts, and calendars to my liking, it was only a matter of minutes before the whole setup was synced over to my desktop and I was happier than a fat boy with cake. When I edit settings on the either one, the changes are on the other in a few minutes.

But, the story wasn't the same with my new phone. I logged in with my Microsoft account during the setup process and patiently waited for all of my files and settings to sync. The files synced fine through their respective apps(Office, Photos, etc.). But, my email, contacts, and calendar settings never came. I felt like I had just dropped my ice cream. Am I doing something wrong or am I just expecting more than I should?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Email, contacts and calendar info should sync up no problem. Settings for these may not. Under settings, email &accounts, you can long press and manually sync. Mail has sync settings for each account. As does People Hub. Make sure you have each checked to show under the filter. I believe this is set this way as a means to conserve date and battery. But, set it and forget it.

Let me know if this works for you.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
But shouldn't all my accounts at least show up?

None of the linked accounts that I did online and/or on my other machines even show up.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
When you set up your phone, did you add your accounts? The reason why Win8.1 synced across devices, was its the same OS. and permissions cam be set at the user account level. It won't to WP yet. Also, some folks don't want all their work info on their personal phone, or vice-versa. Takes just a few minutes if it wasn't already done.

Mattman86

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I didn't set them up when I set up the phone because I was hoping it would sync. Does anybody know if it will sync in WP8.1?

I understand the work/personal separation. That is remedied by not linking your work email with your Microsoft account.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
No ideas man. In case you don't know how, go to settings, email and accounts. You'll see the list of installed/synced accounts, as well as their status. If you're not seeing what you need, tap the Add button, the rest is self explanatory. If you see not synced or attention required, long press and do what you gotta. Nice thing is, you pretty much set it and forget it, for as long as you have a WP ties to your Live.com account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon