Lumia 520 stolen

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday evening on campus, I was robbed at knife point. The bandits took of with my windows phone which I didn't even have for 6 months ):
They also took my windows 8 laptop. I was so looking forward to Windows phone 8.1 (sobs)...
I can't check my email cause 2 step authentication was turned on for all my accounts including recovery and thus I can't even wipe my phone until the Microsoft account review process ends 30 days from now. I'm so sad having to leave the Windows phone family like this. Campus security won't find those responsible.
(NB* Writing this via my friend's Nexus 7)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
That's really sad. Sorry to hear you got robbed. Luckily you didn't have a high end Nokia phone or else it would have been a bummer. Do such things frequently happen on your campus? Are you somewhere in the African region ?

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Lance, I think your question should be, "Are you in South Africa". Crime rates are high here sadly.
OP I hope you can get a replacement WP soon.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you think only robbed happens in Africa? You need to change your attitude towards Africans. This can happen any where in the world.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, yes. I'm in Trinidad and Tobago for school... Overall, Trinidad has the highest crime rate of the southern Caribbean islands.
On campus, security is crap. Practically anyone can enter as they please and yes, lots of people get robbed and raped around the area there.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I'm sure the experience was very traumatic, but I'm very glad you are all right. It could have been so much worse. Material things are replaceable, but there is only one YOU.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So sorry for your loss. I'm sure the experience was very traumatic, but I'm very glad you are all right. It could have been so much worse. Material things are replaceable, but there is only one YOU.

I'm really sorry, but you do exactly sound like my shrink. ;)

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
The silver lining I guess is that I'll most likely pick up a better model when I can... Sigh... Wanted to be to one of the first to explore Windows Phone 8.1. Such is life huh.

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
By the way... When I regain access to my account, should I remote wipe the device. I had a pass code set and I was wondering if wiping it will remove that. Cause technically they won't be able to use it if they don't know my pass code right?

Last edited:

kjnoel

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
did you go to windowsphone.com and click find my phone?? sorry if thats something you cant do I'm new to this os..

Two factor authentication is enabled and I have no way to get the code so I requested the removal of old security information which takes 30 days.

Patrik Hatas

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I asked similar question here few days ago.

The best you can do is not lock the phone, but try to find location. If you lock your phone, they cant use it. If they cant use it, u cant find it.

But there is one big problem. They can easily restart phone to factory settings so your account will be deleted.

So only one hope you can find it if a thief is not so clever or dont know how to reset phone.
This feature is useless in case you got stolen your phone

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So yesterday evening on campus, I was robbed at knife point.

Just awful that a criminal would threaten a life for something so insignificant.
The safety of user\member kjnoel is what is paramount here.

So sorry to know you were the victim of this reprehensible action my friend.
Hang in and good to know you're still here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos