Hard reset. help please

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
What exactly does the soft reset do? Hard reset obviously puts the phone back to out of the box state, but what would I lose doing a soft set?

ccaballero

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does the soft reset do? Hard reset obviously puts the phone back to out of the box state, but what would I lose doing a soft set?
Soft reset is often called also "Battery pull". It does the same as if you pull the battery off of the device. It's designed for devices with sealed batteries.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
"If something goes wrong" means ?
If something goes wrong then what to do ?

Usually if the cogs are spinning like that and it won't recover (which is very rare....but most people don't let it continue to run for several hours in the instances when something hangs) then you can do a blind flash using the various Nokia tools out there on the web.

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Usually if the cogs are spinning like that and it won't recover (which is very rare....but most people don't let it continue to run for several hours in the instances when something hangs) then you can do a blind flash using the various Nokia tools out there on the web.

For how many times the cogs nomal spins ? What doe blind flash do ?

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
For how many times the cogs nomal spins ? What doe blind flash do ?

There's no set spin count. It's just an animation...it's more about the length of time that it takes for it finish. If it doesn't finish properly and runs into issues as was being mentioned above they can just keep spinning and spinning for hours.

A blind flash is normally done when you're having issues with a device and can't get it to respond, but it can still at least be detected at a basic level by one of the various Nokia software flashing tools. You can usually do what's called a blind flash where you can't see progress on the device, but you can see it in the app. It's usually the last step to try to save a device that otherwise may be dead.

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
There's no set spin count. It's just an animation...it's more about the length of time that it takes for it finish. If it doesn't finish properly and runs into issues as was being mentioned above they can just keep spinning and spinning for hours.

A blind flash is normally done when you're having issues with a device and can't get it to respond, but it can still at least be detected at a basic level by one of the various Nokia software flashing tools. You can usually do what's called a blind flash where you can't see progress on the device, but you can see it in the app. It's usually the last step to try to save a device that otherwise may be dead.

Then suggest a good blind flash software 😞

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The steps are giver there ?? ��

There are only U.K. and U.S. version, but im in India. What should I do ? ��������

Both of them are In English , it does not matter where you are from. After installing it might take some time to download the OS core files which can go upto 1GB (it is going to download windows phone 8 with gdr3 update bundled with nokia black update ).
[WARN]BACKUP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA FROM MEMEORY CARD[/WARN]

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Both of them are In English , it does not matter where you are from. After installing it might take some time to download the OS core files which can go upto 1GB (it is going to download windows phone 8 with gdr3 update bundled with nokia black update ).

Thank you very much sir. I'm so glad after getting your help. Are you in Facebook ??

Mainak47

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I am always here on wpcentral and forums :smile:

Then please accept my friend request ��

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
One more question i like to ask that for update Lumia device I will have to give the device to nokia care or do it myself like GDR3 ??

You can do that yourself , by going into phone settings ->phone updates -> check phone for updates.
Btw if you are flashing your phone you won't need to install gdr3 after flashing as flashing will install the latest os and firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb