The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-27-2014 06:51 AM
34 12
tools
    My battery sucks with 8.1 and I have close all the background tasks.
    Hmmm - there has to be more to it than that. My 520 has excelent battery life but I am NOT an all-day user or a gamer. Jst use it for texts and phone calls really. maybe some music playing. If you are a heavy user than I dont think any phones out there last too long. Of course it helps to do the obvious things like:
    - Turning screen brightness down to as low as whatever you can stand
    - Turning OFF wifi when not needed including the "look for wifi hotspots" option
    - Removing uneeded tiles from the main screen
    - Using battery saver & setting it up to optimize usage

Stuff like that all adds up and helps.
    08-19-2014 12:55 PM
    Hmmm - there has to be more to it than that. My 520 has excelent battery life but I am NOT an all-day user or a gamer. Jst use it for texts and phone calls really. maybe some music playing. If you are a heavy user than I dont think any phones out there last too long. Of course it helps to do the obvious things like:
    - Turning screen brightness down to as low as whatever you can stand
    - Turning OFF wifi when not needed including the "look for wifi hotspots" option
    - Removing uneeded tiles from the main screen
    - Using battery saver & setting it up to optimize usage

Stuff like that all adds up and helps.
    Man it's heavier OS than 8.. Before with the same usage I had one day for sure, now only the half..
    08-19-2014 04:15 PM
    Man it's heavier OS than 8.. Before with the same usage I had one day for sure, now only the half..
    Oh. Same usage and much less time between charges? After the update,did you make sure that some things that were turned OFF didn't get turned back ON? Worth checking. Also be sure you've done whatever tweaks you can do to help the battery.
    08-20-2014 05:27 AM
    Oh. Same usage and much less time between charges? After the update,did you make sure that some things that were turned OFF didn't get turned back ON? Worth checking. Also be sure you've done whatever tweaks you can do to help the battery.
    I have turn all the settings same as before.. What do you mean tweaks? I have battery saver on.. And all the background tasks off.. But nothing my battery disappoint me. If i do a hard reset?
    Last edited by DimitrisGrc; 08-20-2014 at 10:55 AM.
    08-20-2014 10:14 AM
    It has not come to Canada yet. :>(
    08-20-2014 12:26 PM
    oh nice and thankq for the details :)
    08-21-2014 02:45 PM
    I have turn all the settings same as before.. What do you mean tweaks? I have battery saver on.. And all the background tasks off.. But nothing my battery disappoint me. If i do a hard reset?
    Sounds like you are doing most of what you can already. How long have you had the phone? Batteries arent too expensive for the 520 so maybe try a new one for the heck of it if possible?
    08-26-2014 12:34 PM
    Batteries arent too expensive for the 520 so maybe try a new one for the heck of it if possible?
    Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost? How does it compare with batteries for other lumias?
    08-27-2014 03:55 AM
    Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost? How does it compare with batteries for other lumias?
    Not sure how they compare but a quick search for the 520 battery came up with around $10 to $12 bucks! Not bad at all. I may even grab an extra one for the hell of it at that price. :) They are even cheaper on Amazon.
    08-27-2014 06:51 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD