The Lumia 520 Cyan Update Thread

Maritox Cacici

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I was on Developer Preview and yesterday i went back with the recovery tool.
After getting scared about breaking the phone =P it went pretty well.

The resuming scenes totally disappeared.
And the batery seems to be improved. I will have to wait tho because after a hard reset you always get a lot of estimated time, lets see how gets after i install all my apps, i decided to not make a backup. Hope it helps to recover. =)

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Updated yesterday. There is no Manual brightness settings in display. And what is meant by HERE Drive+ support for Lumia 520, Lumia 525, Lumia 620, and Lumia 720 owners? Initially when I got L520 with WP 8 and Amber, Here Drive+ was not available in my country. So I had uninstalled it. Would Cyan make it available in my country again? I live in Bangladesh.

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
My battery sucks with 8.1 and I have close all the background tasks.

Hmmm - there has to be more to it than that. My 520 has excelent battery life but I am NOT an all-day user or a gamer. Jst use it for texts and phone calls really. maybe some music playing. If you are a heavy user than I dont think any phones out there last too long. Of course it helps to do the obvious things like:
- Turning screen brightness down to as low as whatever you can stand
- Turning OFF wifi when not needed including the "look for wifi hotspots" option
- Removing uneeded tiles from the main screen
- Using battery saver & setting it up to optimize usage

Stuff like that all adds up and helps.

DimitrisGrc

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm - there has to be more to it than that. My 520 has excelent battery life but I am NOT an all-day user or a gamer. Jst use it for texts and phone calls really. maybe some music playing. If you are a heavy user than I dont think any phones out there last too long. Of course it helps to do the obvious things like:
- Turning screen brightness down to as low as whatever you can stand
- Turning OFF wifi when not needed including the "look for wifi hotspots" option
- Removing uneeded tiles from the main screen
- Using battery saver & setting it up to optimize usage

Stuff like that all adds up and helps.
Man it's heavier OS than 8.. Before with the same usage I had one day for sure, now only the half..

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Man it's heavier OS than 8.. Before with the same usage I had one day for sure, now only the half..

Oh. Same usage and much less time between charges? After the update,did you make sure that some things that were turned OFF didn't get turned back ON? Worth checking. Also be sure you've done whatever tweaks you can do to help the battery.

DimitrisGrc

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Oh. Same usage and much less time between charges? After the update,did you make sure that some things that were turned OFF didn't get turned back ON? Worth checking. Also be sure you've done whatever tweaks you can do to help the battery.

I have turn all the settings same as before.. What do you mean tweaks? I have battery saver on.. And all the background tasks off.. But nothing my battery disappoint me. If i do a hard reset?

Last edited:

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have turn all the settings same as before.. What do you mean tweaks? I have battery saver on.. And all the background tasks off.. But nothing my battery disappoint me. If i do a hard reset?

Sounds like you are doing most of what you can already. How long have you had the phone? Batteries arent too expensive for the 520 so maybe try a new one for the heck of it if possible?

s2mikey

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost? How does it compare with batteries for other lumias?

Not sure how they compare but a quick search for the 520 battery came up with around $10 to $12 bucks! Not bad at all. I may even grab an extra one for the hell of it at that price. :) They are even cheaper on Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb