lumia 520 battery

zubair riaz

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi I'm facing a problem with Lumia 520 battery,the situation is
1-after charging it to 100% at night ,when i get up in morning ,for my college, it shows 90% even no usage at night.
2-in morning while in college about 2-3 minutes usage( texting ..etc) drains about 3% and the same behavior continuous.
3-and the overall battery life is about 26 hours for optimum use.
now my question is it all normal??

i bought Lumia recently and no hardware issue and all background apps are disabled..:unhappy:

RomilHirani

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you use WhatsApp a lot? It is a major resource hog and you can drain your battery in a matter of few hours of usage. The battery on the 520 is on the smaller side to begin with and at that price point, one can't complain about it.

However, losing 10% overnight is not normal. Try a soft reset. You could also keep the phone on flight mode overnight to check if the battery does drain the same amount. Else, it is some app that is working in the background and causing this drain. Remember, even if you manually disable apps to run in the background, apps can still override that functionality.

Overall, 26 hrs of run time is not bad I'd say. Charging your phone once a day is a given, especially with WhatsApp installed.

Tien Nguyen4

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
you shouldn't all background apps are disabled, because it's need for system,for example app social and here diver, moreover, you should delete apps no user and check for updates for all apps....

Last edited:

zubair riaz

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
no i don't use whatsapp at all,even i didn't installed it..
i tried a soft reset also but of no use..
when i bought it Lumia Amber was installed on device,then i updated it to Lumia Black...
can software update drains a lot?

Hasan Moursi

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
no i don't use whatsapp at all,even i didn't installed it..
i tried a soft reset also but of no use..
when i bought it Lumia Amber was installed on device,then i updated it to Lumia Black...
can software update drains a lot?
do power saver at night and see if it helps ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs