Wp8.1 on Nokia Lumia 520

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
i just bought a new L520 and its only WP8.01.... i want to make it to WP8.1 please someone help me I'm new with Windows phone
i changed to windows because of this new update please somebode give me the procedures to follw
how did u get cortana

Download the app, "Preview for Developers " and follow the hints when you open the app. Before you do it please do some research first to help yourself find as much information as you can.

Welcome to windows phone by the way.

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have problem only with equalizer..they are not there. I mean they instantly dissapear after i enter audio settings. Everything else is fine. L520 Blue

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
On my gf's L520, WP8.1 loads apps significantly faster than on WP8. I for one saw far less Loading and Resuming screens with 8.1. Honestly the whole thing feels snappy.

She didn't do a reset because she doesn't need it. She doesn't use too many apps other than the standard Facebook/Whatsapp/one,two games so maybe that's why everything is still working perfectly.

Aayushvihan

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am using lumia 625 with windows 8 Amber. I want to update my phone to 8.1.
can you help me put that how can I get 8.1.
In updates it is showing that "your phone is up to date"
How do I get 8.1 ??

Aayushvihan

May 22, 2014
Visit site
hey.
I am using lumia 625 with Windows 8 Amber. I want to update it to 8.1.
I've checked in updates but it is showing that my phone is up to date.

Can you help me out on how do I get 8.1 ??

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had nothing but trouble running 8.1 on a 520 I use as a media player. It was slow, WiFi was bad, and it wouldn't recognize my sd card. I hard reset it three times and each time my sd card wouldn't be recognized. I finally gave up and reverted to Black using the Nokia Software Recovery tool. And now it's working again and I have no trouble with the sd card being seen by the phone. It's weird because 8.1 is running really well on my 822 since I've done a hard reset.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Finally.!Installed the latest #lumia_cyan update.!!

Pros:

1. Action Center added.
2. More tiles can be added to the start screen.
3. Custom background can be set to the start screen. (This is one GOOD thing, windows has taken care of.!).
4. Custom alert tones for WhatsApp, Facebook, Hotmail, Google and Phone can be set.
5. Calendar has been updated.
6. Project my screen feature added.
7. An updated camera.
8. Many other small enhancements.
9. WhatsApp doesn't crash anymore when you scroll the previous messages.!!!! yayy.!!!

Cons:

1. The biggest disappointment I experienced was that, CORTANA has not been made available in the Lumia 520.!! Well yeah, this sucks. The same previous speech feature opens up when you long-press the search button.
2. Games are shown in the application list, as well as the in the Games section again. The list seems endless if you happen to have a lot of games.

Well, This was my experience in the first 30 minutes of using the phone, after the update.

Did you just say - Lumia Cyan???
Is that the Developers for Preview or is that Cyan update released by Nokia?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you just say - Lumia Cyan???
Is that the Developers for Preview or is that Cyan update released by Nokia?

It would be the DP, Lumia Cyan hasn't been released yet. All the features mentioned are WP8.1 features and they are available on ALL Windows Phones.

People seem to confuse Nokia Firmware and OS updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea