Nokia care has disappointed me!!!

SINGH_saab

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
AFTER THE UPDATE TO DEV PREVIEW . I ACCIDENTALLY DROPPED MY LUMIA 520 ON THE FLOOR. THAT IMPACT CRACKED ITS PDA OR THE DIGITALIZER. THE NEXT DAY I WENT UP TO THE NOKIA CARE FOR REPAIR. THEY CHARGED ME 3000RS. (INR) . THE SERVICE WAS GOOD AND QUICK BUT SINCE THEN MY DOUBLE TAP TO WORK FEATURE IS NOT FUNCTIONING . I HAVE TRIED SOFT RESET AND THE OPTION IS ALWAYZ ENABLED IN SETTINGS BUT WHEN I DOUBLE TAP THE PHONE NEVER WAKES UP. NEXT.

I NOTICED THE SAME DAY I TOOK MY CELL AFTER REPAIRING FROM NOKIA CARE AND TOOK IT BACK TO. THEY TRIED DIFFERENT THINGS ON IT LIKE SOFT RESET AGAIN AND AGAIN BUT AT LAST THEY CONCLUDED UP BY SAYING THAT AS I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE DEV PREVIEW IT MUST BE A BUG THAT MUST BE CAUSING THIS PROBLEM. I TOLD THEM THAT EVERYTHING WAS FINE BEFORE MY PDA OR THE DIGITALIZER BROKE AND THIS PROBLEM STARTED AFTER THE REPAIRING JOB BY THE NOKIA CARE. BUT THEY DID NOT LISTEN AND TOLD ME TO WAIT FOR THE OTA UPDATES OF WP8.1. PLEASE HELP ME IS THIS A BUG OR I HAVE BEEN FOOLED!!

I TOTALLY FEEL I HAVE BEEN FOOLED BY THEM :eck::eck: . PLEASE GIVE UR INPUTS!

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
There's so many things wrong with this post, none of which is Nokia's fault.

Might want to look at that stuck CAPS LOCK key though.

SINGH_saab

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
This might be a firmware/software bug. Try to downgrade your Lumia 520 to windows phone 8 by this tool :- Trouble with your Nokia Windows Phone? Restore it with the official Software Recovery Tool | Windows Phone Central

(sorry for the caps) actually what i feel is that this could be because of improper replacement of pda by the technician @ nokia care because my double tap to wake was working fine before i broke my screen and gave it for servicing to nokia care. is it really a bug ???

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure whether it would help but a few days ago, Daniel had posted an interview with a Nokia employee about why glance was not possible with the Lumia 930, they mentioned something about it lacking display memory. Now this is just in theory, it could be possible that double tap to wake uses something similar for working (like have a double tap to wake bit enabled in the display memory). Now since your digitizer has been replaced it could be that your display setting had been lost. Now these settings are controlled by the Nokia system apps which i guess no longer work correctly with the digitizer since the settings might have been messed up. In that case the only way to make it work might be to either re-flash the phone which would not only reset the phone but also install the necessary drivers on your phone, you would lose Windows phone 8.1 since Microsoft has stopped the OS update temporarily. Other option would be to try a hard reset, this option won't reset your firmware but would only reset the phone OS settings and wipe your data. Quickest option would be to change your phone's date to something to year 2114 and uninstall all Nokia system apps, then change the date back to the current and re-install them (you can use SysApp Pusher for that). In either case, your system apps would be reset.

SINGH_saab

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
i have done the hard reset but still its not working. what to do now??? another problem has come up, the apps i stored on mem card those are not comming up on xbox or music files in music section. when i entered the settings menu. it showed a message saying this mem card has apps from other phone and then an option pops up to format sd card!!! what now??

SINGH_saab

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure whether it would help but a few days ago, Daniel had posted an interview with a Nokia employee about why glance was not possible with the Lumia 930, they mentioned something about it lacking display memory. Now this is just in theory, it could be possible that double tap to wake uses something similar for working (like have a double tap to wake bit enabled in the display memory). Now since your digitizer has been replaced it could be that your display setting had been lost. Now these settings are controlled by the Nokia system apps which i guess no longer work correctly with the digitizer since the settings might have been messed up. In that case the only way to make it work might be to either re-flash the phone which would not only reset the phone but also install the necessary drivers on your phone, you would lose Windows phone 8.1 since Microsoft has stopped the OS update temporarily. Other option would be to try a hard reset, this option won't reset your firmware but would only reset the phone OS settings and wipe your data. Quickest option would be to change your phone's date to something to year 2114 and uninstall all Nokia system apps, then change the date back to the current and re-install them (you can use SysApp Pusher for that). In either case, your system apps would be reset.

i have done the hard reset but still its not working. what to do now??? another problem has come up, the apps i stored on mem card those are not comming up on xbox or music files in music section. when i entered the settings menu. it showed a message saying this mem card has apps from other phone and then an option pops up to format sd card!!! what now?? and i have updated all the apps

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what the prompt was but if you're using the same Microsoft account then you should be able to see the apps, if not then then unfortunately you have to start from scratch. Now your double tap to wake is not working, before i start using the phone if i were you i would do a firmware reset by downloading the firmware using care suite and flash the phone again as a last resort. If that doesn't work then sorry i would not be of any more help

SINGH_saab

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
nokia care suit 5 is not installing on my windows 7. its shows an error message to insatll a copy of c++ redistruable 2005 while i have the latest version

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You will have to download the correct firmware using Nokia care suite and then perform a dead flash, I'd also suggest doing some research on the process and troubleshooting steps in case something goes wrong again.

You can download firmware for the following product code: 059S1N6

Last edited:

vishal sharma8

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey yesterday i also broke my lumia 520 touch digitizer after install dev preview . is it safe to repair it now by service center peoples because i dont want to face exact same double tap to wake up problem . or should i wait till official firmware will released by nokia.

please reply

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea