Upgrade Fails and cant reboot phone

v2_panchal

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Recently I was trying to upgrade my Lumia 520 with latest windows 8.1 update using preview for developers program But unfortunately i could not make it out and my phone could not boot. I am facing same issue even for official windows releases with OEM's release(i.e, Lumia black update). i cant understand why it happens.

I have followed Below procedure to update my phone
1. settings->phone update->check for updates.
2. it downloads whole update and start install.
3. scrolling gears shows on screen during install.
4. phone restarts after install and it shows battery low symbol sometimes or sometimes screen becomes blank and phone reboots again and again.
- In case of low battery symbol, I have checked same battery with another phone but i shows charged battery (around 70 to 80 %).

To restore my phone back to working condition, I have tried Nokia recovery tool but it installed RM_914 update,i.e update previous to amber update. Can I update my phone to black update using PC and if yes then how can i do it?

I think update procedure must not bind with battery level if it restarts due to battery issues then it must starts from last stage. So users will not suffer this kind of issues.
or
If battery getting low during update, voice guidance should be given to user like battery is getting low ,please plug in power jack.

can anyone help me in this concern. What should be the minimum percentage of battery must be exists before start installing update.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I will recommend you at least 50 % of battery but its good to keep the phone connected to a charger. you can update your phone to amber->black by going into phone settings->phone updates. and you should have at least 1GB of free space on your phone to install the update :smile:

shayankmr9

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i am also dwnloading devloper preview on my another lumia 520 bt it is giving a error code 808182d2..:( preview was easily dwnloaded on my another lumia 520..can anybody help..?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre