Lumia 520 (AT&T gophone) cannot use H2o service

Theresa Qi

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I ordered a Lumia 520 at&t gophone from microsoft store. My H2O card ordered from Amazon. The H2o card has been ACTIVATED through h2o website WITHOUT charge it

The cell phone still shows card is missing or invalid.Wonder why the cell phone cannot find the SD since I should charge the H2O account first? Or the cell phone is broken or h2o card cannot be used in AT&T cell phone?

Many thanks in advance.

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I had to wait a couple of hours because I transferred my old number. How long has it been since you activated the H2O Sim? I've done about 4 Lumia 520 phones with H2O and haven't had any problems with the SIM Card being detected after activation.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Can I use a phone from a different company?

Yes, as long as the phone you are trying to use is an AT&T, unlocked FCC approved GSM 850/900/1900, dual, tri, or quad-band phone.

Should work, sometimes inserting the sim can be tricky. And you said, SD, that is a typo right? SD is memory, not a sim. Make sure you have the right size and putting it in the right slot. I know sounds silly, but the 520's ports are right next to each other.

Theresa Qi

May 7, 2014
Visit site
So frustrated. I activated one SIM card yesterday, didnot work. Today, tried to activated other one, still doesn't work.
I just did not charge fee in either of this numbers. But I thinks once the card is activated, the cell phone should not show the SIM card was missing or invalid?
Should I charge the card to see what's going on?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I would ensure you are installing the card in the correct slot, installing it correctly. The phone should see it if it's been activated or not. It's ability to see and use the cell network will depend on if it's activated.

In your first post you put SD card, which is memory, and not the same as a sim card. You also mention charging the sim card. Do you mean adding funds to it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99