Hello everyone, first of all let me apologize if my english isn't good enough.

Now, I am trying to change my phone's firmware, I've done the procedure before, changing the ROM for one from Thailand before, and now one from Argentina, the thing is that in the one I'm using, (059T203 RM-915 VAR LATAM AR CV SKD), there is a bug with Internet Explorer that won't allow me to use the Reading View nor getting into Advanced Settings, so I wan't to change it again.

This time I want to use one a ROM from USA, but there are three versions available (with Lumia Black included, of course):

1. 059T105 RM-915 VAR US ATT PAYG SL
    2. 059T104 RM-915 VAR US ATT IDB PIB SL
    3. 059S925 RM-915 VAR US ATT SL

And I can't decide on which one I should use, also I don't know what these letters stands for: PAYG SL, IDB PIB SL, SL, and finally I want to know what would happen if I use a ROM labeled with RM-914.

So, thanks in advance for taking the time to reading all of this
    05-08-2014 11:33 PM
    You cant update your firmware with other RM , If you tried definitely your handset will be dead (Trust me)....ATT means Simlock option(For AT&T) bundled with Image part of Firmware if you tried to flash with Global variant then again you handset will BE DEAD.....you can flash your Handset with any firmware meant for same RM as yours....
    SergyOrtiz likes this.
    05-09-2014 05:50 AM
    You cant update your firmware with other RM , If you tried definitely your handset will be dead (Trust me)....ATT means Simlock option(For AT&T) bundled with Image part of Firmware if you tried to flash with Global variant then again you handset will BE DEAD.....you can flash your Handset with any firmware meant for same RM as yours....
    Thank your for your answer.

RM-915 and RM-914 are official for the 520, that's why I got little confused ๐Ÿ˜–
    I'm sorry but I didn't quite catch what you said about AT&T's ROMs, I know that any of them will come with the company logo on start up, but what about "simlock"?

Again, thanks for your help ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Last edited by SergyOrtiz; 07-08-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    05-10-2014 12:14 AM
    Ok, since I don't want to make spam I'll bump this thread up with a little update.

I know my phone needs a RM-915 ROM, but I can't find an official one from Finland.

Also I'd like to know what does "SKD" mean in this ROM:

059T203 RM-915 VAR LATAM AR CV SKD

Thanks in advance.
    07-10-2014 10:00 AM
    I have a RM 915 Claro Py variant, and I flashed it with the AT&T PAYG Rom. It works normally, the only downside is all the bloatware from the operator. If done in the correct way using Nokia Care, you won't have any side effects on it. Product codes are exchangeable, but not rm's. So, a 914 rom on a 915 phone is a no-go
    07-13-2014 07:54 PM
    I have a RM 915 Claro Py variant, and I flashed it with the AT&T PAYG Rom. It works normally, the only downside is all the bloatware from the operator. If done in the correct way using Nokia Care, you won't have any side effects on it. Product codes are exchangeable, but not rm's. So, a 914 rom on a 915 phone is a no-go
    Hello Marcelo, thanks for your answer.

I don't want to use AT&T's ROMs because all the bloatware that you also mention, and I've flashed my phone several times now with different Product codes using Nokia Care, it's an easy procedure.

The thing is that I want a Product code for a ROM from Finland (because maybe it will give me first-hand updates), for my L520 and it seems that there's nothing like that.

And, since that ROM is almost impossible to find, I'd like to use Argentina CV (which I used before), but I'm not sure what does that SKD means, also that ROM had some issues with Internet Explorer when using Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview.
    07-13-2014 11:48 PM
    European based handsets are all RM 914 in the case of the lumia 520, so a Finnish Rom is a no-go. But, the brazilian cv is pretty quick getting updates too, more than the argentinian. As of the SKD, I don't know what that could mean
    SergyOrtiz likes this.
    07-14-2014 07:53 PM
    European based handsets are all RM 914 in the case of the lumia 520, so a Finnish Rom is a no-go. But, the brazilian cv is pretty quick getting updates too, more than the argentinian. As of the SKD, I don't know what that could mean

That's got to be the best answer I could get on this thread, thank you so much.
    I'll stay with Colombia/Ecuador CV until official 8.1 update gets released, then I'll go back to the Brazilian one.
    Marcelo Velazquez likes this.
    07-14-2014 08:31 PM