Requesting Help :(

xXxLooPxXx

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Can somebody help me with the unlocking of my Lumia 520 locked to AT&T ? I heard that AT&T provides the codes, can somebody explain me a bit more or knows any other (cheap) ways to unlock it? Thanks in advance

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you go to AT&T's website, they have a web portal for unlocking the device.

HOWEVER, they have a bunch of caveats. The person filing the unlock request must also be a current or past ATT customer.
Worth noting it may require 30-60 days of service (like on GoPhone) before they will unlock the device, but I can't be sure on that.

Best to check out their unlock page here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=L1ytvsZ3
and contact them or post back here

However, there are other ways, but they are likely to be costly. My 920 was quoted at $70 by a third-party unlocker once.

xXxLooPxXx

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
If you go to AT&T's website, they have a web portal for unlocking the device.

HOWEVER, they have a bunch of caveats. The person filing the unlock request must also be a current or past ATT customer.
Worth noting it may require 30-60 days of service (like on GoPhone) before they will unlock the device, but I can't be sure on that.

Best to check out their unlock page here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...viceunlock%2Fclient%2Fen_US%2F&token=HTzICk2F
and contact them or post back here

However, there are other ways, but they are likely to be costly. My 920 was quoted at $70 by a third-party unlocker once.

well ok, I think this could help me. thanks. but here is an other problem, im not a AT&T customer :|

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
well ok, I think this could help me. thanks. but here is an other problem, im not a AT&T customer :|

yea, a guy posted here a while back with the same issue, you may be able to find that thread if you look.

you may not be a customer, but do you have a friend who is? I think they may be able to file a request for you.

xXxLooPxXx

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
nope I don't have friends on AT&T :\ ill search the web once again... if any AT&T customer that wants to help sees this and wants to help please reply

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You probably will have to resort to paying for unlocking from a third-party unlocker.
EXAMPLE: Get Nokia Lumia Unlock Code - Unlock Nokia Lumia Network
(cellunlocker.net is reputable, right?)

or becoming a customer and pay for a couple months of aTT service, although I don't know how that will work exactly.

also of course, ditch the locked 520 and buy an unlocked one, all else fails.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd help, but I have another 1520 on the way and only have one left. So I will use it on that. I do have a Unlocked 520, but not shipping it out of country...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss