hello everybody.!. sometimes my lumia 520 auto shut down .i don't know why..who can help me with...
    05-10-2014 09:00 PM
    Lel I have same problem. Even with "full battery". Question have you dropped it before? Just curious.
    05-10-2014 09:15 PM
    is the battery tightly sealed in ?
    Guytronic, moledj and MaxyBley like this.
    05-10-2014 09:17 PM
    after shut down. it's very difficult to turn on back, therefore i don't think is due to battery..
    05-10-2014 09:29 PM
    Man, I don't know what to do really. I'm kind of thinking that part of my problem is because of me dropping the phone about 3 times (and 2 out of those times the battery when out). Also, I've been so so, to even put a little paper before the battery to see of it stops turning off. I'm holding to my Lumia 521 but not for much. I'm getting the 920!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-10-2014 09:34 PM
    Man, I don't know what to do really. I'm kind of thinking that part of my problem is because of me dropping the phone about 3 times (and 2 out of those times the battery when out). Also, I've been so so, to even put a little paper before the battery to see of it stops turning off. I'm holding to my Lumia 521 but not for much. I'm getting the 920!
    920 is still a solid device (32GB and 1GB ram ) go head you wont regret
    05-10-2014 09:36 PM
    after shut down. it's very difficult to turn on back, therefore i don't think is due to battery..
    is the power button faulty ? you should try a soft reset which wont delete any of your phone data , to do so just long press volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself (ignore the black screen to power down the phone )
    baotien25 likes this.
    05-10-2014 09:39 PM
    You and me aare on the same boat. Exactly that happens to my phone too. Here's the routine it turns off then if you try it doesn't turn off (only when it wants to) when you connect the USB to charge it "turns on" to show that "it's charging" and if you try to turn it on again it doesn't work. It can be a real pain in the ***. Also, I've had days where it would shutdown I would turn it on then after 10 seconds of being on it turns off again. It does this over and over and over again till it can't turn on cause no more battery left. Also, when charging it would be like say 32% and then out of no where it says it's "full".
    baotien25 likes this.
    05-10-2014 09:40 PM
    920 is still a solid device (32GB and 1GB ram ) go head you wont regret
    I know I won't regret it. I pretty much double specs on everything of the 521. Double ram, double camera megapixels. It has ACTUAL 4G LTE. Bigger and better screen. I know it all I have it on my wachlist on eBay to buy soon!
    05-10-2014 09:44 PM
    PS: The phone just shut down about 40 seconds ago. I wasn't even moving the phone at all. I was reading on WPCentral app.
    05-10-2014 10:06 PM
    PS: The phone just shut down about 40 seconds ago. I wasn't even moving the phone at all. I was reading on WPCentral app.
    did you tried a soft reset or a hard reset ?
    05-10-2014 10:09 PM
    You and me aare on the same boat. Exactly that happens to my phone too. Here's the routine it turns off then if you try it doesn't turn off (only when it wants to) when you connect the USB to charge it "turns on" to show that "it's charging" and if you try to turn it on again it doesn't work. It can be a real pain in the ***. Also, I've had days where it would shutdown I would turn it on then after 10 seconds of being on it turns off again. It does this over and over and over again till it can't turn on cause no more battery left. Also, when charging it would be like say 32% and then out of no where it says it's "full".
    your phone have seem damaged.. but my phone sometime turn off and i don't feel uncomfortable
    05-10-2014 10:33 PM
    your phone have seem damaged.. but my phone sometime turn off and i don't feel uncomfortable
    The screen doesn't have any scratch at all though if anything it the plastic around the screen is a little bit just a little bit damaged and that's all.
    05-10-2014 10:36 PM
    did you tried a soft reset or a hard reset ?
    I haven't tried a soft or hard reset because I really don't know how to do them although I should of just done some research. All I know is that one deletes everything while the other reset I don't know what it does. I got about 11 GB worth of apps and others stuff my SD and don't plan on losing them! Also, if you could be so kind as to provide son info on what these resets do yeah that'd be great
    05-10-2014 10:42 PM
    The screen doesn't have any scratch at all though if anything it the plastic around the screen is a little bit just a little bit damaged and that's all.
    no, i don't talk about screen
    05-10-2014 10:47 PM
    I haven't tried a soft or hard reset because I really don't know how to do them although I should of just done some research. All I know is that one deletes everything while the other reset I don't know what it does. I got about 11 GB worth of apps and others stuff my SD and don't plan on losing them! Also, if you could be so kind as to provide son info on what these resets do yeah that'd be great
    Sure , a soft reset is like a reboot , this won't delete any of your phone data , to do so long press the volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboots itself (ignore the black screen to power down )
    Where as a hard rest can be performed by going into phone settings /about/reset phone. This will erase all the data from phone (including games ,apps and all other data ). This step will revert your phone back to factory settings. Backup is recommended before doing this method.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums
    05-10-2014 10:51 PM
    no, i don't talk about screen
    I know you're not talking about screen. And now, I get what you actually meant. And that is that while my phone hasn't received any visual damage it has had some internal damage which I hope it's not the case. :S
    05-10-2014 10:54 PM