GPS location. Does not update. Lumia 520

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, when I try to use any navigation app location does not seem to update in real time. Which makes using navigation apps almost impossible. It's like the location only updates every 5 minutes or so. I have tried here drive and waze. Is it a limitation on the 520 or is there,a setting I have missed. I have been through all settings and I have everthing switched on.

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have tried it today while walking and does not update my location in real time. It's at least a few minutes between each time it actually updates my location. It is like there is a setting somewhere that only lets it update every few minutes but I can find anything. I have everything turned on. If I take my tablet out and use waze on that can see the my location change with almost every step I take.

WP 8.1 I LUV U

ToonU

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
If you're using it on maps it updates periodically. If you're using actual street-by-street GPS it should work.

Also make sure another app isn't ruining the performance with multitasking.

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I was trying to use it a few days ago set my destination and started it but was not updating. I even tried hanging my arm out of Window just to make sure it was getting good signal. What app in background could be causing problem?

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Done a factory reset and just been to shop and tested but still no joy. Phone must be broken. Only had it a few months. Just strange as it does find my location it just doesn't update as I move. Will just have to struggle till 930 comes out.

WP 8.1 I LUV U

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs