Ringtones from music on sd card

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 520 today and broke the touch screen input....Luckily, I have a spare. Pulled the sim and sd card and put them in the new 520. It took hours, but I got the thing updated to 8.1.1. I then attempted to replace the apps. They wouldn't list on the microsoft phone page. I had been through over 200 apps!!!! Of course I had discarded most. So I started reinstalling from memory one at a time.
I know I was able to choose a ringtone from the music on my sd card, but the sd card is not listed in the ringtone list choices. For the life of me, I cannot recall if an app was needed to do this or not.....I used to have a choice from any song on the card for phone ring, messages, email etc...
Now I know about Nokia ringtone maker....it just allows you to add 1 music file at a time, but it doesn't make the sd card show up on the list
Can anyone lend a hand?
FYI, I routinely backed up everything, but that didn't work either......very frustrating

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You need to either do it from the Windows 8.1 app, or manually create a Ringtones folder and fill it from within Explorer on a desktop machine.

wessltov

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I tried making folders called "Ringtones" in both the main SD directory as the standard Music directory, without results. Could you please insert an image of the required format and structure?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes