The battery life is poor when using (for example) the Pedometer app. So I carry a separate battery. Removing and replacing zaps the time and date... This is just pathetic. Given the fact of the phone's connectivity and location awareness is it too much to ask that time and date are automatically set?
    This sort of hopelessly deficient functionality makes me despair. As does ownership of the even more deficient Microsoft Surface Pro 2 (128). An overpriced, badly conceived, battery-hungry, unreliable piece of junk. And they just slashed the price to p!ss off people like myself who were already feeling mugged.
    05-19-2014 03:42 AM
    The time and date as synchronised with the NITZ protocol, which is served up by your call provider. If your provider doesn't use NITZ, then just set your time+date settings to manual.

You've not given any information regaring what phone you have and what other apps/settings you're using - there are various articles around on how to maximise battery life (turning off Bluetooth/NFC/not using "high" screen brightness etc).

The battery life of the Surface Pro isn't great, but that's been known from the outset.
    05-19-2014 03:54 AM
    Nokia 520.
    As for apps, I scarcely use any apart from Pedometer (which I did mention) and occasionally the RSPB bird app. I'm on a 3 network contract.
    As for the SP2 here is not the place to list the astonishing number of its faults (unless you'd like me to.) I would however suggest to anyone reading this who is contemplating buying one that they instead buy a decent notebook/laptop plus a Samsung tablet. Which will cost about the same. As a tablet the SP2 is like carrying a housebrick around.
    05-19-2014 04:16 AM
    And what is the span of the battery life you're currently experiencing and what is your expectation?
    05-19-2014 04:27 AM
    I suggest you read the original post. It always helps.

The problem is that changing the battery zaps the time and date.

Exaggerated manufacturer claims combined with real-world poor battery performance is a given and always has been. (Typing this on the SP2's "Type" kb I got "poo battery performance", which is also correct: this 110 kb is already failing after about 6 months.)
    Last edited by Pan oRoya; 05-19-2014 at 04:47 AM. Reason: additions
    05-19-2014 04:42 AM
    The battery life is poor when using (for example) the Pedometer app.
    I did read your post - I'm addressing this part of it as maximising your battery life will help minimise the amount of times you need to replace the battery.
    05-19-2014 04:51 AM