Paid app from one WP to another

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
i have a 1020 and a 520. i have a bunch of Xbox games installed on the 1020 as its my main phone with service on it, and one of the games i paid for (Spartan Assault). the reason why i bought the 520 is for media purposes (i got the phone during Amazon Lightning Deal so it was so cheap and too good to pass), such as games and music (especially since the 520 has external storage and the 1020 doesnt), and therefore am going to remove and install the games onto the 520 instead (if its a compatible device. The Sims Free isnt sadly :/) and clear up the 1020 for strictly filming and photos and obviously any games that arent compatible with the 520.

i've signed in with my Microsoft Account, so that's obviously all set up, but every time i search the store, the same app i paid for shows "buy". :straight: would is be because i have service and a billing account on my main phone and the reason why i cant install my paid app on my other one? would i need to set up some specific procedures, or would i have to change this to my main phone for it to work? i really dont want to do the latter. :eck:

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess you're still on wp8.0. Just tap on buy button and it should display a message "you've already bought this app, would you like to download it?" Something like that. With WP 8.1 you'll just see "install" button on every app you've downloaded/bought in the past.

Branden Lucero

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
and yeah i'm still on 8.0. i'm usually all for developer/consumer previews, especially since i do it for windows itself, but i decided against it on mobile since i'm skeptical on performance of the firmware update where as, in wondows its just an OS that can be installed/deleted, rinse and repeat.

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
and yeah i'm still on 8.0. i'm usually all for developer/consumer previews, especially since i do it for windows itself, but i decided against it on mobile since i'm skeptical on performance of the firmware update where as, in wondows its just an OS that can be installed/deleted, rinse and repeat.

yeah, I understand your point :) with WP 8.1, Windows Phone Store is just more transparent and user-friendly! Enjoy your apps on 520 :)
greetings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss