Personalising App Sounds

Sarah Williamson1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello all!

Thought I would come to the very best place for advice!

Try as I might, I cannot find out how to do this. Maybe I am just being thick (doesn't surprise me) but I have several apps that I would like to personalise tones for and there doesn't seem to be a function within the app to do this. So can it be done in the phone settings themselves?

I use Kik Messneger, Facebook Messenger app, regular text messages and Whatsapp and they all have the same notification tone. I would like them all to have different tones so I know what's bleeping and what app it is right away.

Also, if I am able to add sounds to the phone myself to use as tones, I would love to know how to do that also.

Thank you very much for your time, peoples. :)

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As long as you're using Windows Phone 8.0, you're not able to set custom ringtones for apps, if these apps do not provide this feature themselves. Windows Phone 8.1, which is currently available as developer preview and is expected to officially start rolling out some time in June, on the other hand will allow you to set custom sounds for any notification that supports toast notifications (be they push or triggered by background agents).

baotien25

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello all!

Thought I would come to the very best place for advice!

Try as I might, I cannot find out how to do this. Maybe I am just being thick (doesn't surprise me) but I have several apps that I would like to personalise tones for and there doesn't seem to be a function within the app to do this. So can it be done in the phone settings themselves?

I use Kik Messneger, Facebook Messenger app, regular text messages and Whatsapp and they all have the same notification tone. I would like them all to have different tones so I know what's bleeping and what app it is right away.

Also, if I am able to add sounds to the phone myself to use as tones, I would love to know how to do that also.

Thank you very much for your time, peoples. :)
you can setting tone different for app in notification centre. you can select and set app in there..

Sarah Williamson1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Well notification centre for the Kik app, when I select the 'sound' option, all I can do is turn sounds on or off, not change them.

Dkp - How do you tell if push notifications are available though?

Sorry for being stupid on this, sometimes things like this are a bit tricky to get around for me. :) Thanks for you help. :grin:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Well notification centre for the Kik app, when I select the 'sound' option, all I can do is turn sounds on or off, not change them.

Dkp - How do you tell if push notifications are available though?

Sorry for being stupid on this, sometimes things like this are a bit tricky to get around for me. :) Thanks for you help. :grin:

Go to settings -> sounds -> scroll down -> tap "manage app sounds". From there you can choose each app seperately and assign any of the available notification sounds or ringtones. If you're not satisfied with those available, you can download one of the many available apps (like Zedge for example) from the store and add additional sounds as well.

Push notifications are those that arrive the exact time an event happened. Like when you receive a new Kik message. Background agents can be considered pull notifications. They check for new events in a predefined frequency (like every 30 minutes).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99