Dear Members,

I have encountered a strange problem with my Lumia 520. Please see the screen shots below-

wp_ss_20140528_0002.png

wp_ss_20140528_0001.png

I do not have a microsoft/hotmail account configured on my cell phone, as is evident from emails and accounts screenshot. But when i try to filter contact list through Contacts App, I can see a hotmail account. Apparently, all my contact data is being backed up in this account. I do not have any details about this Hotmail account (Login or password).

Now I want to download a copy of contact data from Hotmail account, which I cannot access because I do not have any details about it.
    I would really appreciate some help here.

Thanks in advance.
    05-28-2014 06:22 AM
    have you loging using your Gmail account when you first set up your phone? or desktop windows 8 ?
    05-28-2014 06:47 AM
    Is your company account - hcl insys - a Microsoft account?

Also, how are you downloading apps without a Microsoft account registered on the phone?
    05-28-2014 01:29 PM
    have you loging using your Gmail account when you first set up your phone? or desktop windows 8 ?
    The phone was set up using a live account. The contacts were not being backed up in the live account, which I have duly verified by accessing people.live.com multiple times. Hence I deleted that account, so that there is no confusion in the screenshots that I have posted here. I still have contacts in my mobile phone and they are being synced to this hotmail account which is not visible in "Settings/email+account".

Is your company account - hcl insys - a Microsoft account?

Also, how are you downloading apps without a Microsoft account registered on the phone?
    No, HCL Insys is not a Microsoft account, it is just used to download mails from my company mail server through POP3. No other functionality has
    been enabled for this account.
    As I said earlier, I had a live account configured in the mobile phone, which I deleted recently. (Also read through my initial reply in this message) I am still able to access store, update apps through the ghost hotmail account configured.
    05-28-2014 11:49 PM
    How did you manage to delete your Microsoft account and get the phone to work? Also, how are you able to download apps without a Microsoft account?
    06-04-2014 09:00 AM