Speakerphone for Voicemail?

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

How do I get the speakerphone to work for voicemail? (wp8.0)

All I get is the number pad and I am forever lifting to my ear, then dropping down to push numbers.

Please tell me this is not what msoft thought would be a good system!

Thanks

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks but this is what I get showing 15-seconds into the call. I don't get that screen to choose the Speaker as I do when making a general call. I launch the Voice mail by holding down the "1" key for two-seconds. I suppose if I dialed the full voice mail number I would get that screen.

And, people wonder why Android is taking over the mobile world. :) The long hold on "1" on my Moto X gives the same options as dialing.

Voice mail.gif

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Nope. I just added the number to contacts and still get that stupid screen. I have another 800 number in Contacts and I get the GuyTronic's screen when I dial that so it is not about it being an 800 number. Seems wp8.0 is making up it's own stupid mind about what I should need.

Might have to scrap it and go back to DSL for data. {sigh} I can't upgrade to wp8.1 until I am sure the Tethering issue is sorted out in this thread...
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1-preview-developers/277165-3.htm#post2581962

Aaarrrggghhh - progress!!! :)

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Tap on the keypad symbol to the right of the "end call" button to get the speaker phone option.

Ahhh, thanks, but that makes no sense. Why do all other calls automatically show the options for Speaker etc and the Voice Mail one does not.

That is a rhetorical question as only msoft can answer that one I am guessing. :)

I am back in love a little with the 520. It certainly handles tethering much better than Android, well, with wp8.0 anyway.

PiggyMiddle

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I personally think its for typing in your passcode to get into voicemail

That could be, but I would expect it to automatically go to loud-speaker so I can hear when to enter numbers. As it is, I have to lift to my ear to hear when to enter the code then drop it down to touch the numbers. It's a pretty half-finished approach to software.

It irks this old developer when I have to work hard to get something simple done that the computer should be doing for me. :)

carlson03

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I personally don't use speakerphone when listening to voicemail, so I guess for me its not a big deal...for those who do, then yeah, you would have to press the extra buttons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss