Lumia 520 mysterious restart

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello!

Yesterday evening my Lumia 520 was on charging with WP8.1 DP with second update. I did not do anything, when it was not showed the "goodbye" screen, just showed up the "Nokia" screen then the blue Win logo. My apps closed, but my pictures and data did not lost. It is not a very big problem, but it can be irritating.

I do not want to reset my phone. Will it fixed in a future update? Is it a worldwide problem?

Thanks for the help!

(Sorry for the bad grammar!)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello!

Yesterday evening my Lumia 520 was on charging with WP8.1 DP with second update. I did not do anything, when it was not showed the "goodbye" screen, just showed up the "Nokia" screen then the blue Win logo. My apps closed, but my pictures and data did not lost. It is not a very big problem, but it can be irritating.

I do not want to reset my phone. Will it fixed in a future update? Is it a worldwide problem?

Thanks for the help!

(Sorry for the bad grammar!)

Sometime happen to me too this generally occurs when the screen shows resuming the app and when it fails to resume the app it auto restart the phone that's what I had noticed.

greenspot

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 520 restarting itself too. But i noticed that was because hardware problem. The device was fall down so many time. Each time the device falls, it's got restarted itself.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Try to turn off the suggestions in the keyboard. I had random reboots when suggestions was on. (8.0)

(In hungarian: pr?b?ld kikapcsolni a sz?vegjavaslatokat a billentyűzet be?ll?t?saiban, nekem is ?jraindult tal?lomra, akkoris ha nem volt billentyűzethez kapcsol?d? t?rt?n?s a tel?n. Amint kikapcsoltam a sz?vegjavaslatokat, a telefon nem indult t?bbet ?jra. Igaz ?n 8.0-n vagyok.)

moitasc

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes, my Lumia 520 restarts without reason, but I have the WP 8.0. Maybe, the problem is not the Windows Phone but the hardware.

Some people have this problem because of the battery. Try to put some peace of paper between the battery and the case, to hold on the battery in place.

azteca911

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Actually the problem with the battery is because the space between the contacts on the battery are too wide from the factory. They can lose contact with the bar contacts on the phone and cause a restart. Take out the battery, use a pin or needle to bend the contacts on the battery closer together and reinstall. My wife had this problem and it hasn't restarted since doing this.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Actually the problem with the battery is because the space between the contacts on the battery are too wide from the factory. They can lose contact with the bar contacts on the phone and cause a restart. Take out the battery, use a pin or needle to bend the contacts on the battery closer together and reinstall. My wife had this problem and it hasn't restarted since doing this.
Then why it started to randomly restart when I turned on kexboard suggestions, and stopped random reboots after I disabled that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss