Nokia lumia 520 cam problem

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So what should I exacly do?

This first vvvvv
Perhaps try opening up your phone and leave it into some silica gel for a day or so (rice works).

This will absorb most moisture (if any) in your phone. Btw, you mentioned that you used it in rain? It can resist rain? O.O :shocked:

Then this vvvvv
Keep it away from moisture. Don't take it in the sauna.

Water vapor is insidious. Your camera seal is supposed to repel droplets - not immersion and not steam.

Think about it. Steam is such a finer sized cluster of H2O molecules. As much as they love to stick together, they love penetrating materials almost as much... The fine mist in a sauna will defeat your seal... especially because the metal and the rubber around the seal expands under the heat of the sauna allowing more gaps. Different materials expand differing amounts under heat. It's called the heat expansion coefficient. Rubber and metal have different constants for how much they expand per degree...

The more you take your phone outside the expected operating temperature, the greater the variance in the materials sealing the lens. The larger the gap... Now include the fineness of the precipitant drops in a sauna and bingo... Water is inside the lens cover.

Dry it out first and avoid re-exposing the device to the extreme operating conditions.

Until you dry it out thoroughly the moisture is riding around under the lens cover glass waiting for the right conditions to coalesce and "fog" your lens over and over...

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Alright alright. It's my first smartphone. And I still haven't get really used to the fact, that they are kinda p****s.
Thanks though

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... Just trying to make sure it is all clear... what steps... what causes...

​For you, and future readers of the thread who may need some information on the same/similar problem. Putting it all in order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750