Nokia lumia 520 cam problem

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I have had my lumia about 9 months and it's kinda good phone. But im facing an camera issue. See, when I take pictures, then half of the picture is out of focus and blurry and it's always like this and I can't get rid of it. I send message to Nokia too about month ago, but they haven't answered. So is it normal or should I replace the camera?

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh, of course. Sorry I forgot. Here are some examples:
WP_20140504_009.jpg
WP_20140607_007.jpg
Btw sorry about my english, it isn't my home language.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Your English is very good :)
Try clearing the camera lens with a soft cloth(don't use any liquid ). Also go into phone settings /swipe to applications /photos+camera/reset camera. Lastly are you using Nokia pro cam or the default Microsoft camera app to capture images ?

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Your English is very good :)
Try clearing the camera lens with a soft cloth(don't use any liquid ). Also go into phone settings /swipe to applications /photos+camera/reset camera. Lastly are you using Nokia pro cam or the default Microsoft camera app to capture images ?

I have already tried all of this, without luck. And im using default cam, but actually, every app has the same problem. Even tapping this out of focused point to capture, it's still the same.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have already tried all of this, without luck. And im using default cam, but actually, every app has the same problem. Even tapping this out of focused point to capture, it's still the same.

This could be a hardware issue. Try contacting the nearest Nokia/Microsoft service centre and let them diagnose your lumia 520 :)

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Actually. It all ended very easily. I just removed battery cover, took screwdriver and removed the case, so I had access to camera, took cotton bud, cleaned camera and now the blur is gone. But thanks for your help :)

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Okay. My problem ain't solved. I cleaned the camera and everything was okay for few days. Then it went blurry again. Yesterday I repeated the same operation and camera was okay again, but today. It starts to get blurry again. What should I do? Do I really need to take my phone apart and clean the camera about every week to get clean pictures?

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Is it water vapour blocking the view? Does the 2nd time occur on the same parts of the photo as the first? If you noticed its water vapour, try taking out your battery and leave your phone for 2 or more days in it. Perhaps you dropped it in water before?

Oh ya, I wanted to ask if the problem occur in the same location if you turned your phone the other way round, (different orientation).

blaow

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. It's always the same spot where it is like that. It might be water. I haven't dropped my phone into water, but I have used it when it's raining, snowing and sometimes it have used it when I have came from sauna. So the water steam might have went there and changed into a liquid now.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps try opening up your phone and leave it into some silica gel for a day or so (rice works).

This will absorb most moisture (if any) in your phone. Btw, you mentioned that you used it in rain? It can resist rain? O.O :shocked:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I definitely think it is water under the glass that covers the lens...

Badly seated seals can cause this or old seals that are worn out. My experience is that the problem will recur later even if you get it dried out now.

​Can you return the phone for a replacement? Any insurance?

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I definitely think it is water under the glass that covers the lens...

Badly seated seals can cause this or old seals that are worn out. My experience is that the problem will recur later even if you get it dried out now.

​Can you return the phone for a replacement? Any insurance?

If he retain his habit of using it under rain for sure it will happen lol

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If he retain his habit of using it under rain for sure it will happen lol

Not necessarily. Some water resistance is built in; it's the reason for the seal. Snapping an occasional pick in a drizzle is not the same as immersion. Most likely it is the steam from the sauna that is the real culprit. Water vapor is far more invasive than water drops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786