10-05-2014 01:51 PM
26 12
tools
    Hi. I have had my lumia about 9 months and it's kinda good phone. But im facing an camera issue. See, when I take pictures, then half of the picture is out of focus and blurry and it's always like this and I can't get rid of it. I send message to Nokia too about month ago, but they haven't answered. So is it normal or should I replace the camera?
    06-12-2014 03:37 AM
    Hey welcome to wpcentral !
    Can you please attach some images here.
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-12-2014 03:43 AM
    Oh, of course. Sorry I forgot. Here are some examples:
    wp_20140504_009.jpg
    wp_20140607_007.jpg
    Btw sorry about my english, it isn't my home language.
    06-12-2014 11:28 AM
    Your English is very good :)
    Try clearing the camera lens with a soft cloth(don't use any liquid ). Also go into phone settings /swipe to applications /photos+camera/reset camera. Lastly are you using Nokia pro cam or the default Microsoft camera app to capture images ?
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-12-2014 11:32 AM
    Do you use the camera button to capture images or tap on the screen to capture images ?
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-12-2014 11:32 AM
    Your English is very good :)
    Try clearing the camera lens with a soft cloth(don't use any liquid ). Also go into phone settings /swipe to applications /photos+camera/reset camera. Lastly are you using Nokia pro cam or the default Microsoft camera app to capture images ?
    I have already tried all of this, without luck. And im using default cam, but actually, every app has the same problem. Even tapping this out of focused point to capture, it's still the same.
    06-12-2014 01:02 PM
    I have the problem where the picture tend to be yellowish
    06-12-2014 01:14 PM
    I have already tried all of this, without luck. And im using default cam, but actually, every app has the same problem. Even tapping this out of focused point to capture, it's still the same.
    This could be a hardware issue. Try contacting the nearest Nokia/Microsoft service centre and let them diagnose your lumia 520 :)
    Karthik Naik and Guytronic like this.
    06-12-2014 01:19 PM
    Actually. It all ended very easily. I just removed battery cover, took screwdriver and removed the case, so I had access to camera, took cotton bud, cleaned camera and now the blur is gone. But thanks for your help :)
    07-29-2014 03:58 AM
    Also go into phone settings /swipe to applications /photos+camera/reset camera.
    I'm having camera problems too but I can't find that setting. Do I have to reset my phone?

Here's a video of me scrolling through my settings.
    07-30-2014 10:21 AM
    Okay. My problem ain't solved. I cleaned the camera and everything was okay for few days. Then it went blurry again. Yesterday I repeated the same operation and camera was okay again, but today. It starts to get blurry again. What should I do? Do I really need to take my phone apart and clean the camera about every week to get clean pictures?
    08-06-2014 01:31 AM
    Is it water vapour blocking the view? Does the 2nd time occur on the same parts of the photo as the first? If you noticed its water vapour, try taking out your battery and leave your phone for 2 or more days in it. Perhaps you dropped it in water before?

Oh ya, I wanted to ask if the problem occur in the same location if you turned your phone the other way round, (different orientation).
    08-06-2014 03:18 AM
    Yeah. It's always the same spot where it is like that. It might be water. I haven't dropped my phone into water, but I have used it when it's raining, snowing and sometimes it have used it when I have came from sauna. So the water steam might have went there and changed into a liquid now.
    08-12-2014 12:52 AM
    Perhaps try opening up your phone and leave it into some silica gel for a day or so (rice works).

This will absorb most moisture (if any) in your phone. Btw, you mentioned that you used it in rain? It can resist rain? O.O
    08-12-2014 03:01 AM
    I definitely think it is water under the glass that covers the lens...

Badly seated seals can cause this or old seals that are worn out. My experience is that the problem will recur later even if you get it dried out now.

​Can you return the phone for a replacement? Any insurance?
    08-12-2014 09:55 AM
    I definitely think it is water under the glass that covers the lens...

Badly seated seals can cause this or old seals that are worn out. My experience is that the problem will recur later even if you get it dried out now.

​Can you return the phone for a replacement? Any insurance?
    If he retain his habit of using it under rain for sure it will happen lol
    08-12-2014 10:53 AM
    If he retain his habit of using it under rain for sure it will happen lol
    Not necessarily. Some water resistance is built in; it's the reason for the seal. Snapping an occasional pick in a drizzle is not the same as immersion. Most likely it is the steam from the sauna that is the real culprit. Water vapor is far more invasive than water drops.
    08-12-2014 10:57 AM
    So what should I exacly do?
    08-13-2014 02:46 PM

Keep it away from moisture. Don't take it in the sauna.
    08-13-2014 03:15 PM
    And then it will just go away by itself?
    08-13-2014 03:17 PM
    This first vvvvv
    Perhaps try opening up your phone and leave it into some silica gel for a day or so (rice works).

This will absorb most moisture (if any) in your phone. Btw, you mentioned that you used it in rain? It can resist rain? O.O

Then this vvvvv
    Keep it away from moisture. Don't take it in the sauna.
    Water vapor is insidious. Your camera seal is supposed to repel droplets - not immersion and not steam.

Think about it. Steam is such a finer sized cluster of H2O molecules. As much as they love to stick together, they love penetrating materials almost as much... The fine mist in a sauna will defeat your seal... especially because the metal and the rubber around the seal expands under the heat of the sauna allowing more gaps. Different materials expand differing amounts under heat. It's called the heat expansion coefficient. Rubber and metal have different constants for how much they expand per degree...

The more you take your phone outside the expected operating temperature, the greater the variance in the materials sealing the lens. The larger the gap... Now include the fineness of the precipitant drops in a sauna and bingo... Water is inside the lens cover.

Dry it out first and avoid re-exposing the device to the extreme operating conditions.

Until you dry it out thoroughly the moisture is riding around under the lens cover glass waiting for the right conditions to coalesce and "fog" your lens over and over...
    08-13-2014 04:33 PM
    Alright alright. It's my first smartphone. And I still haven't get really used to the fact, that they are kinda p****s.
    Thanks though
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-14-2014 02:28 AM
    Sorry... Just trying to make sure it is all clear... what steps... what causes...

​For you, and future readers of the thread who may need some information on the same/similar problem. Putting it all in order.
    08-14-2014 11:28 AM
    No need to be sorry. Thanks for help :)
    08-14-2014 01:07 PM
    what?? really? how u manage to open that?
    09-08-2014 11:33 AM
26 12