Phone storage Issue on L520

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I encountered a very unique issue today while checking out my phone memory & would like to hear inputs from other users.

But, before I announcing the issue, I'd like to point out that I'm using a Lumia 520 running WP8.0, Black.
So, heres the issue :
I went to Phone Memory in Settings to see how much free space I had & came upon this- .

wp_ss_20140630_0001.png

Was surprised to see that my system storage had increased from 1.9GB to 2.36GB suddenly & in order to double check it, I then went to Storage Check , which showed me this -

wp_ss_20140630_0002.png

Am really confused now, cause till now both had been in sync & now I don't know which one to trust.

P.S - Any methods to clear temporary & Other files (I know its a lot less than what some people are suffering from, but it still irks me), cause both clear memory & storage cleaner app haven't worked ??

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
A soft reset should help you to clear some temp files.

Putting off the resets for after the official 8.1 + cyan release here in India, also the temp & other files is a secondary issue, the System memory is my primary concern .... which of the two (phone storage or storage check) is telling the truth ??

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing this discrepancy popping up more lately on the forums, at least, I've seen it before.

I would plug it into a computer, see what it says.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720