Is there a way to force my 520 to look for service?

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Every time I go into a big store or a certain part of town I lose service. Not a problem as its just a few minutes and it's happened with most every phone and service I've owned. My problem is when I get back into the signal area my phone does not automatically search for a signal and I miss calls and texts. It will say "no signal" all day until I power the phone off and back on. This is a hassle because this takes a couple minutes to reboot this way. And sometimes I don't notice it right away.

Does this happen to anyone else or do I have a problem with my phone? Or maybe there is a setting I need to use? I've only had this phone a couple months and still don't know all the bells and whistles.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings > mobile network and then under network selection make sure it is set to automatic - if you ever wanted to manually connect to a network you can do it from the same drop-down. If you're on WP8.1, it's under settings > cellular > SIM settings and then network selection

skermac

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings > mobile network and then under network selection make sure it is set to automatic - if you ever wanted to manually connect to a network you can do it from the same drop-down. If you're on WP8.1, it's under settings > cellular > SIM settings and then network selection

Great advice! Thanks! I'll be getting 8.1 as soon as it finalized and ready for the general public.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3