What will be different with cyan update

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't notice any stutter on my 520 with the 8.1 preview, but it did seem to be "Resuming" quite a bit more often than with 8.0. Sometimes even with just one program running, I'd lock it and then see "resuming" when I woke it up. Resuming from what? I hope that will be improved.
Do you have Cortana set as a live tile? If so unpin it and see if that doesn't fix your "resuming" issue.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have Cortana set as a live tile? If so unpin it and see if that doesn't fix your "resuming" issue.

I actually had Cortana disabled most of the time since I wasn't that interested in it. What did seem to help a little was disabling some background tasks, like the ESPN Hub and stuff like that. I think they must have been pushing the active program out of memory sometimes when they did their updates. 8.0 still seems better in that regard, although I'm probably going back to 8.1 pretty soon anyway since I want the notification center back.

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I believe "resuming" is related to a new way that 8.1 handles memory. Given that many changelogs I've read recently mention "faster resume", I gather that this is something developers have to optimize their apps for.

Less than once a month my start screen might be stuck "resuming" for a good 10s, but it's so infrequent I can't really complain.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I believe "resuming" is related to a new way that 8.1 handles memory. Given that many changelogs I've read recently mention "faster resume", I gather that this is something developers have to optimize their apps for.

Less than once a month my start screen might be stuck "resuming" for a good 10s, but it's so infrequent I can't really complain.
Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Tapatalk

yep ive seen this happen on my 720 as well as my 820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99