The dreaded spinning cogs

Karen Mccartney

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
My son has done something to my Nokia Lumia 520. It has two spinning cogs on the display and nothing I do can get rid of them. I have tried the reset, using the down volume and power button, to try and get the ! but all that happens is the Nokia name comes up and it skips over and over. I'm desperate! My bf is going to go crazy! lol Can someone help - in idiots terms please, I'm not techy.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Give it some time on the spinning cogs screen - probably its updating something or resetting, will take may be 10-15 mins. If not, then probably you are left with technical options only :)

Karen Mccartney

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
It's still not working. I fear it's terminal, unless one of you brilliant minds can walk me through a solution lol. I really can't afford to put it in a shop right now.

Gen Pop 1

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Try doing the following:

Make sure phone is turned off, press and hold volume down and power key until an exclamation mark shows on the screen.

Once the exclamation is on the screen, press these buttons in following order: volume up, volume down, power, volume down.

This will initiate the OS factory reset sequence. You will lose whatever was saved on your phone, but you will lose it regardless if your phone is stuck on the gears anyways. So Good Luck! I did this when my Lumia 920 got bricked during the first update and it worked.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss