Format for MicroSD card

amal5731

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have just purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 Windows 8 phone and have also purchased a SanDisk 32gb MicroSD card class 10.

My laptop in Windows 7 64bit with a NTFS file system.

So my question is before I use the MicroSD card should I format it, and will the phone give me an option of what format i.e. FAT32 or NTFS? I want to make sure that my PC will recognise and read the MircoSD card as I know some people have issues with this on Windows 7 pc with a Windows 8 phone

Thank you for any feedback

:smile:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your phone will format the card to the proper type.

Your PC should have no issues reading it.

One thing to remember, if you have an internal card reader slot (say on a laptop) and you eject the media (as you are supposed to do) you may be ejecting the entire device. In which case it will not read a card until you reboot. If that happens with an external card reader (device ejection, not just media) the solution is easier. Unplug the reader from USB and then plug it back in.

amal5731

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi, well haha funnily enough up and running took a while as the sim that came with phone was faulty. So I waited 4 days for new one, then couldn't connect to wifi or mobile data, but a reset sorted it all out so yes up and running now :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb