L520 owner in Bangalore India not getting the cyan update?

Gautham Leo

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a nokia lumia 520 with windows 8.0 right now nd i want t o update it to windows 8.1 but i am not getting the update. Is it released in india and if it is why is my phone not showing the update.... plz reply nd thanq

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a nokia lumia 520 with windows 8.0 right now nd i want t o update it to windows 8.1 but i am not getting the update. Is it released in india and if it is why is my phone not showing the update.... plz reply nd thanq

You have to install DEVELOPER PREVIEW... Search it in WP CENTRAL..

ruchirarya

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey buddy, don't install developer preview... It hasn't released in India yet. You will surely get it within 2-3 weeks. So just be calm and wait for this much time only.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Cyan is firmware whereas WP8.1 is a software....Cyan for L520 is still due here in India, but if you sign up for the developers preview you can get WP8.1 but will still have to wait for Cyan to release.
You can track the Cyan release through the official thread on these forums or through Nokia's Update page.

Aditya Shikhar

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I have a lumia920 and I installed the "preview for developer" software and then registered as a developer in microsoft before I could upgrade to windows8.1. Its fairly a simple process and shouldn't take much time. I would encourage you to upgrade to 8.1 bcoz you are missing out on so much order windows treasure that is just amazing and fun and well.. Dont be shy and hesitate, just do it.. Y

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey buddy, don't install developer preview... It hasn't released in India yet. You will surely get it within 2-3 weeks. So just be calm and wait for this much time only.

DP is not specific to country, its for Windows Phone.
Cyan is not released, but DP gives all features NOW

ruchirarya

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I know that DP is not specific to country...
But what i am trying to say is, very less time is left in getting both cyan and 8.1.....
So, why to make it DP now, after that, again we have to downgrade it back to get cyan update.
If this might have be the topic of 4 months ago, then i might even have suggested to go for DP.
But now it is senseless, as we will get it officially within couple of weeks... :) ;) :D

ruchirarya

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
DP is not specific to country, its for Windows Phone.
Cyan is not released, but DP gives all features NOW

I know that DP is not specific to country...
But what i am trying to say is, very less time is left in getting both cyan and 8.1.....
So, why to make it DP now, after that, again we have to downgrade it back to get cyan update.
If this might have be the topic of 4 months ago, then i might even have suggested to go for DP.
But now it is senseless, as we will get it officially within couple of weeks... :) ;) :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6