No media messaging L520 with WP8.1

MMarz04

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I updated to Windows 8.1 last weekend, and ever since then I have been unable to send our receive picture messages or group texts. My service provider is Net10, and so far they have been of no assistance at all. I can send single texts and access the internet and app store, but can't make media messaging work. Can anyone help me solve this please?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

MMarz04

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
My settings already match Net10's requirements. Here are my APN Settings:

Internet APN:
APN: tfdata
Proxy Server: 66.209.11.33
Proxy Port: 80

MMS APN:
APN: tfdata
WAP Gateway: mms3.tracfone.com
WAP Gateway Port: 80
MMSC (URL): http ://mms-tf.net/
MMSC Port: 80

I have called Net10 support, and they confirmed all of these settings twice. Additionally, all messaging and data was working with the same settings one week ago. Since the update to 8.1, I can't send media or group messages, but can still send normal, individual text messages. My first thought was APN settings, but everything appears to be configured correctly. Anybody else having this problem? Any advice on different APN settings, or another work around that will allow media/group messaging to work?

MMarz04

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand what's going on either. If anyone else can shed some light on this, I would really appreciate the help!

MMarz04

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Update:
I deleted all my APN settings, did a soft reset, and re-entered my APN settings. The phone now appears to be working for both media and group messaging, miraculously. I'm not sure what caused the problem in the first place, but it is working now. If you have a similar problem, try this and see if it works for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon