I'm almost sure Lum520 is a 3G phone but in the top corner it says I'm using 4G?

I'm on TELUS Canada
    08-11-2014 07:37 AM
    Post a screenshot and also your product code
    08-11-2014 07:41 AM
    What you're seeing is correct, in so far as Telus is concerned, anyway.

4G in this case is equivalent to H+ which is still considered 4G in some circles, as opposed to 4G LTE (gets confusing).

Anyway, when I first got my 520 (I'm on Telus as well) it did indeed show "H+". Then an update came along and suddenly a "4G" icon appeared in place of the "H+".
    travislicious and xandros9 like this.
    08-11-2014 08:52 AM
    Shane is 100% right here. Same with the 520 I had on Koodo/Telus
    08-11-2014 03:35 PM
    yea, the 3.5G H+ is marketed as 4G in the US. actual 4G is 4G LTE.

there was a software update that actually bumped the indicator on the iPhone 4s to 4G from I think 3G
    08-11-2014 03:42 PM
    What you're seeing is correct, in so far as Telus is concerned, anyway.

4G in this case is equivalent to H+ which is still considered 4G in some circles, as opposed to 4G LTE (gets confusing).

Anyway, when I first got my 520 (I'm on Telus as well) it did indeed show "H+". Then an update came along and suddenly a "4G" icon appeared in place of the "H+".
    I think it's because the speed difference (under optimum conditions) isn't that different between 3.5G and 4G (or H+ and LTE).
    08-11-2014 03:46 PM
    I think most consumers have no idea what H+ is or means. I'm sure most carriers light up 4G just to keep the following from happening repeatedly...

Customer: My phone says H+, what is that?
    Support: That is your data speed.
    Customer: I'm not using any data. The phone is just lying on the table.
    Support: It's the speed of the data should you choose to connect at this time.
    Customer: H+... How fast is that?
    Support: It could be up to 42mbps, depending on network volume and your device.
    Customer: Well I pay a lot every month. I want the fastest connection you have.
    Support: At this time, in your area, you have our fastest connection.
    Customer: I still don't know how fast that is... H+... What does it even mean?
    Support: The H is shorthand for High Speed Packet Access or HSPA and the + means it is enhanced to be even faster. Regular HSPA is 3G, but you have H+ which is 3.5G.
    Customer: 3.5G? So I'm stuck inbetween? (pouting) That doesn't sound good at all.
    Support: It's an advantage. Your data speed is much faster than regular 3G.
    Customer: And how fast did you say it is?
    Support: Up to 42mbps depending -
    Customer: (interupts) What is m... c... q... s... ???
    Support: (sighs softly) M.B.P.S. stands for mega-bits per second. It's a standard measuring unit for data transfer.
    Customer: (indignant) Where are you transferring my data?!?!?!
    Support: (patiently) We only transfer your data when and where you request by processing your internet use...
    Customer: (snorts softly in righteous indignation) And it better be as quick as you can!
    Support: Ma'am? My supervisor just informed me that starting next week we will be bumping your area up to 4G because we have so many smart and wonderful customers like yourself in that area... Watch your phone and you'll see it change over from H+ to 4G very soon.
    Customer: (happy as a clam) Ooooo, I like that. Thank you so much.
    Support: (sighs in relief) My pleasure. Have a wonderful day!
    08-12-2014 10:18 AM
    I think most consumers have no idea what H+ is or means. I'm sure most carriers light up 4G just to keep the following from happening repeatedly...

Customer: My phone says H+, what is that?
    Support: That is your data speed.
    Customer: I'm not using any data. The phone is just lying on the table.
    Support: It's the speed of the data should you choose to connect at this time.
    Customer: H+... How fast is that?
    Support: It could be up to 42mbps, depending on network volume and your device.
    Customer: Well I pay a lot every month. I want the fastest connection you have.
    Support: At this time, in your area, you have our fastest connection.
    Customer: I still don't know how fast that is... H+... What does it even mean?
    Support: The H is shorthand for High Speed Packet Access or HSPA and the + means it is enhanced to be even faster. Regular HSPA is 3G, but you have H+ which is 3.5G.
    Customer: 3.5G? So I'm stuck inbetween? (pouting) That doesn't sound good at all.
    Support: It's an advantage. Your data speed is much faster than regular 3G.
    Customer: And how fast did you say it is?
    Support: Up to 42mbps depending -
    Customer: (interupts) What is m... c... q... s... ???
    Support: (sighs softly) M.B.P.S. stands for mega-bits per second. It's a standard measuring unit for data transfer.
    Customer: (indignant) Where are you transferring my data?!?!?!
    Support: (patiently) We only transfer your data when and where you request by processing your internet use...
    Customer: (snorts softly in righteous indignation) And it better be as quick as you can!
    Support: Ma'am? My supervisor just informed me that starting next week we will be bumping your area up to 4G because we have so many smart and wonderful customers like yourself in that area... Watch your phone and you'll see it change over from H+ to 4G very soon.
    Customer: (happy as a clam) Ooooo, I like that. Thank you so much.
    Support: (sighs in relief) My pleasure. Have a wonderful day!
    I approve of this post.
    vepac and RumoredNow like this.
    08-12-2014 04:47 PM