New WP and Lumia 520 user

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
OK - background - i am new to WP for myself...
currently using a Nokia PV808 and use whatsapp / skype etc.
I am using ATT right now... will continue to use this until i unlock the Lumia 520 i just purchased in the amazon sale...

So my questions are around switching my SIM back / forth between the existing phone (PV808) and the Lumia 520
Will my whatsapp app get confused?
What about any other pitfalls with constantly switching the SIM in and out?
Anything to keep an eye out for?

The lumia 520 is a stop gap backup phone until i see the next new flagship cameraphone from Nokia/Microsoft.

Microsoft stopping / retiring Skype on Symbian was the catalyst to move to WP and the amazon sale price was hard to resist even though i wanted to wait for the 521 first and then of course whatever is coming up - even if its the 830 or perhaps the 1020 / 930 successor

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK - background - i am new to WP for myself...
currently using a Nokia PV808 and use whatsapp / skype etc.
I am using ATT right now... will continue to use this until i unlock the Lumia 520 i just purchased in the amazon sale...

So my questions are around switching my SIM back / forth between the existing phone (PV808) and the Lumia 520
Will my whatsapp app get confused?
What about any other pitfalls with constantly switching the SIM in and out?
Anything to keep an eye out for?

The lumia 520 is a stop gap backup phone until i see the next new flagship cameraphone from Nokia/Microsoft.

Microsoft stopping / retiring Skype on Symbian was the catalyst to move to WP and the amazon sale price was hard to resist even though i wanted to wait for the 521 first and then of course whatever is coming up - even if its the 830 or perhaps the 1020 / 930 successor

I don't know how WhatsApp behaves with multiple devices, so I can't say for that.
There are no real issues when switching out a lot. Perhaps fragmented call logs and text messages I'd say, and maybe getting mixed up between the devices.

But welcome!
I have to go eat, but other people will help, I'll try to drop in again later.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
thanks - i use whatsapp more than anything else - and of course i wont be using skype much on the Symbian phone so thats not an issue....
the other issue i want info on is how seamless transfer of photos would be TO the Lumia 520 from my PV808 - i will take photos on the PV808 and then hopefully just bluetooth them over... i am guessing no problems with this? it will work correct?
this would be BETTER than what my wife has to do - she has an iphone 5s and we cant bluetooth anything....

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
thanks - i use whatsapp more than anything else - and of course i wont be using skype much on the Symbian phone so thats not an issue....
the other issue i want info on is how seamless transfer of photos would be TO the Lumia 520 from my PV808 - i will take photos on the PV808 and then hopefully just bluetooth them over... i am guessing no problems with this? it will work correct?
this would be BETTER than what my wife has to do - she has an iphone 5s and we cant bluetooth anything....

I have never used Symbian before but I have sent photos through Bluetooth from a Moto X to a 520 with no issue. I'm sure the 808 would work with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720