Replacement Digitzer options

Marcovitch

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

So horror upon horror... my wife's Lumia 520 decided to perform a double pike backflip out of her pocket onto the tile floor. Net result...cracked screen.
The lcd is fine, but the digitizer does not recognize any touches, so it needs to be replaced.

I contacted Nokia care, South Africa, and they quoted me R900 (USD85 / Euro63.5) to replace the digitizer. This is of course an astronomical price considering the value of the device.

I've seen on Amazon that there are numerous replacement screens available, has anybody had any experience with the replacement options and could you recommend one for me?

Thanks

Hik2

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered from several suppliers on ebay for cracked 520 screen and none of them work. If anyone has ordered a digitzer on line that works please post here where to order it from.

Broad and Market

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to my 520, however I ended up just getting the carrier locked 635 from AT&T since it ended up being $70 after I used some gift cards on Amazon.

myst02

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recommend you to buy a digitizer marked as "OEM", because these are Nokia parts and not fake parts. This is a OEM digitizer, for example: Amazon.com: OEM Touch Screen Glass Digitizer Lens Replacement Parts for Nokia Lumia 520: Cell Phones & Accessories

Digitizer replacement on Lumia 520 is very easy!

1. Take off the back cover
2. Unscrew the 8 Torqx screws on the back
3. Pull the plastic protect off (if it doesn't works, try to lift it on the corners with a screwdriver)
4. Disconnect the two flex cables and take out the mainboard
5. The digitizer is clipped to the main body; lift the clips on side of the phone with a screwdriver
6. Take off the digitizer
7. Clip on the new digitizer
8. Install the mainboard and connect the flex cables.
9. Clip on the plastic protect and screw in the screws
Enjoy your fixed phone!

Best regards,
myst02

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium