Lumia 520 with WP8.1 DP GDR1, Nokia Software Updater V4.2.1-Shows 3058.50000.1425.0001 Available???

WP Prospect

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Well..

I Guess the title says it all.

But Im keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

I was planning to do a rollback today to properly get the CYAN update and then the other new preview updates after re activate the Preview for Developers.

My Current OS Version is 8.10.14157.200 Which is the very latest update after CYAN and Update 1. (So probably update 2?)
My firmware is still on Black which is 3056.40000.1349.2001

I had all the steps planned out and I connected the phone to the Nokia Software Updater for Retail V 4.2.1. After connection the software is showing the me the above firmware(3058.50000.1425.0001) is available for install. And I presume that firmware is the CYAN update.

How is this possible? If not Am I on the way to somehow bricking my phone.

Not really worried much since Ive backed up what I need. And i always have the recovery tool to go back to in case of any emergency.

Any others on DP and are patiently waiting for the MS Fix can try what I just did. You probably wont need to rollback. Of course this could all be speculation or the new OS i updated via DP, i.e: 8.10.14157.200 enables a fix for the earlier DP issue. TO add to that, Ive not found any updates from anyone to support this.

Ive noted below the simple steps I found on WP Central somewhere from a thoughtful poster.

Simple instructions to downgrade and update:
- Settings -> Backup -> Apps+Settings -> Back up now*
- Downgrade to 8.0 using Nokia Recovery Tool
- Don't login using your microsoft account (skip step - very important)
- Settings -> Phone Update -> Check for Updates
- Finish all updates until none are found
- Settings -> About -> Reset your phone
- Now login using microsoft account

Will Udpate once the update or rollback is over.

Thanks for listening.
AJ

UPDATE: Well, I Guess it worked for Me!!!! I say me, because i don't want to commit to any false positives.
I'm waiting for the finishing touches of the update to completely check the OS and firmware numbers to confirm.

UPDATE 2: Well its official!!! At least for me...till others confirm.
I was able to connect to Nokia Software Updater V 4.2.1 with my Lumia 520 already having the DP 8.10.14157.200 update, and the Software has managed to install the CYAN update firmware(3058.50000.1425.0001). The OS I had was rolled back to 8.10.12393.890 all in ONE STEP!!!
So ill try now to enable DP again on the app and get those new GDR Update.

FINAL UPDATE: All has gone well.
Points to note for all.
1. After you install the new OS and Firmware for CYAN, DO NOT USE YOUR EMAIL TO SIGN IN.
2. After the initial installation and the gears run, you simple go forward into the phone bypassing the sign in.
3. Manually go to downloads and remove all the apps that are installing or updating.
4. Download the preview for developer app only from the store.
5. Once that is installed, Enable it like you usually do.(Remember to register your live ID as Developer on the site)
6. Manually check for the updates, it will take a while, because its actually downloading 3 updates(POST 8.1 there are 3 updates for Developers) in the range of 1.5 Gb.
7. Once those updates are installed, then go to "About" and do a Hard Reset.
8. After reset, NOW you sign in with your Live account and setup the back up.
Voila!!!

You are now on WP 8.1 GDR 1 Update with CYAN. All in one step!!!

Please feel free to share..

AJ

Last edited:

argos277

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a L520 Argentina CV with WP 8.1 update 1 installed. Same steps for me. I dont needed to downgrade to 8.0 and restore worked for most of my apps. Later I activate the DP App and now I have Cyan and WP 8.1.1 without reinstall apps or do a hard reset. OS versi?n 8.10.14157.200 FW versi?n 3058.50000.1424.001 Lumia Cyan. Sorry for my bad english. ;)

Vronski

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
It worked for me as well. Lumia 820 on 8.1.1 DP. No need to roll back on 8.0. Just update firmware with NSU 4.2.1. Now I get Cayen 8.1 and will try to get 8.1 GDR1 with DP. Many thanks.

ncbenr

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Just tried on my phone...Half way through the update failed. Now my phone is stuck at red nokia screen and cannot be detected by either Nokia Software Updater or Nokia Software Recovery tool. Power and Vol Down just returns to red nokia screen. Never gets to exclamation.

Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa